RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Pagerron Productions

Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)
Playing Other People's Games

I have been thinking about this a bit and thought it would be a cool way to keep track of things here for myself. Here are some games I have played.

RPG Maker 1 games:
None

RPG Maker 2 games:
Tetris
The Faith of One (played for about an hour or so)
Miniature Mayhem
Musical Chores

RPG Creator
All English games so far!

RPG Maker 3 games:
Series 1: Destiny Beckons (full game)- by Perversion
A Series Aside (full game) - by Perversion
A Ronin Story (about two hours) - by Tsunami
Evil Fantasy (about three and half hours) - By Lausen
Hell's Dining Room (full game)- by Wavelength
Jethromancer Slayer (full game)- by Lausen
Pavilion Iron Chef: Episode One (full game) - by Obright
Second to Last Fantasy (full game) - by Feros
The Raider of Lekunder (several hours) -by Crythania
Whispers in the Woods (full game)- by Vonwert
Siren's Reef (full game) - by Vonwert

RPG Maker VX Ace
How Badly Do You Want It! (full game) - by Wavelength

Last edited by Pagerron; 10-01-2016 at 10:21 PM. Reason: updated info and title
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)
Re: Playing other people's games

Today I had the chance to play "Siren's Reef" for about an hour.

It's been a cool experience so far.

-creepy/haunting
-interesting use of game graphics to make unique environments
-puzzles (found two nice interactive ones so far)
-story that keeps your interest

I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited by Pagerron; 11-21-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Re: Playing "Siren's Reef" by Vonwert

Well, I finished "Siren's Reef" just the other day. Instead of just being a standard game, it's kind of like you're walking a character through a story.
It has moments of suspense and intrigue, and even some disturbing moments.
It was a very well-planned story, and interesting indeed.

It was a satisfying ending because questions that I had as I played were all answered for me. That was very cool.

I liked the puzzles. I also liked how creative Vonwert was in creating "new" graphics by morphing and merging existing ones.

The in-game clock says that I played the game about four hours, but since storytellers aren't accounted for with the clock, it was a bit more than that.

This was a good sequel to "Whispers." I would strongly recommend playing "Whispers in the Woods" before playing "Siren's Reef." It isn't necessary to play it, but it would give you more exposure to Vonwert's handiwork, and that's a good thing.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.
Re: Playing "Siren's Reef" by Vonwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagerron View Post
The in-game clock says that I played the game about four hours, but since storytellers aren't accounted for with the clock, it was a bit more than that.
Not to derail the OT, but really? I wasn't aware of that. That's kinda dumb.
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Re: Playing Other People's Games

Recently, I have been trying out Wavelength's How Badly Do You Want It! game. It is very cool. My first attempt at it was unsuccessful just because I wasn't able to get the required amount of money. I'm going back at it again very soon. It's very well-made, easy to understand, and fun to play.
You should give it a shot.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #6
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

I have been enjoying RPG Creator quite a bit.

I have played all of the English games so far. Here's some info.

-Gwommy's game is a fun short puzzle game. You should definitely play that!

-asd (by Luca) - Main character stuck in the middle of the ocean
Don't bother.

-Y (by Luca) - Main character stuck in the middle of the ocean
Don't bother.

-A (by Luca) - Main character stuck in the middle of the ocean
Don't bother.

-Test (by tenebrae) - Several things to interact with, an unbeatable boss, some profanity, a runaway pet treasure chest, a cool game over screen.

-Forever Lost (by Veryl)- several small connecting screens making a cool forest, a nice looking mine with several interactive events and battles. (Don't use the potion or you'll crash the game.)

-Test (by "me")- Twins on an island. You are one of them. You turn to your twin and he says "I hate you." The end.

-The Eorld of the New ( by Myra) - You are a girl in a large square of grass with random battles.

-Ga's test2233332 ( by Gabriele) - A nicely designed interactive town. It is entirely in a foreign language though.

-Luke's Quest ( by Amphorodas)- Cool title screen. Some funny dialogue. A couple of quests. It has a story line, a beginning, a middle, and an end. It's fun and not too hard. The best game so far.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Hey, well lots of people have been publishing a lot of wasted space for RPG Creator. Most everything available so far is just unplayable demos that take maybe thirty seconds or so to "complete."

Frustrating.

However, I enjoyed playing a short game today. It's called Legacy of the Star Knight. It has a clear beginning and end. You an tell that the creator took some time to make this game.

Also there is a short Pokemon game that has some likes. I'm personally not into Pokemon, but yeah...

Well, happy playing and creating everyone.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

The first time I saw your line about Test - Twins on an Island, by "me", I thought you meant... YOU! This time I noticed the quotes. :P

The first few weeks of an engine's release sometimes get drenched in these kind of non-experiences, since 95% of serious creators are either playing around to see what they can do before attempting to publish something, or spending those couple weeks just creating their first little bit of content. It's sure to get better, later on.

Hopefully there is some good way to curate the games, though. Does it seem like there's anything on the "Creator's Web" that will help people find "Master of the Wind" and skip "Y"?

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #9
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Yes, Creator's Web has several ways to filter games, one of which is ranking them by how many likes (represented by stars) they have. The more stars, the more popular.

I try to check every day to see what's new to give it a try at least. Players can give a star to their own games, so anything with just one like after a couple of weeks is probably not worth checking out.

Yeah, though, I'm sure you're right about what happens at the inception of the release of a game like this.

It's always great to hear from you Wavelength! Thanks for posting my friend.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #10
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Hey,

Well, I have played some more RPG Creator games.
Here's a brief report.

Fire.Destruction- Short. A bit confusing. A floating treasure chest. Answer 4 to 5 questions. Battle. The end. (Just a demo.) Don't bother

Nightmare-
Attempt to be spooky. Meet a dog. See a piano. Make a choice. Two possible endings. Don't bother.

Dormant Natio.
It's about a family going camping. Starts off well. Finishes out with an event on an endless loop. This game has potential. It's not there yet.
This is not a finished game but if the creator works on it, later it might be an interesting play through.

Death Valley-
Two ways to get the game over screen. Don't bother.

Viola's Requiem - Remember you youth. See a carrot farm. The end. Don't bother
Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #11
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Escape from the Killer Sheep (by Douya) Play it. RPG Creator!

Fun. Short. Replayable.

Last edited by Pagerron; 10-18-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:01 AM   #12
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

People keep publishing tiny games that have no substance as the new RPG Creator content. I'm working on a small game, but it seems like there is not a lot of activity yet as far as online discussions go regarding the app. I hope it picks up a bit. Maybe I should stop posting about it and work on my own game. 😀