RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Twisted Reality Games

Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
CLUE

While I currently have writers block with Epic Adventure, I found an old project I started about a year ago, with the help of ProfessorDoooom who made the mansion. I present to you CLUE. If you've played the original board game you may be familiar with it, except this one is entirely interactive, instead of having an actual board game. You're a detective on your first real case after doing countless months of traffic, you're ready for the big leagues now!

Features:
Notebook system that keeps up with your current clues; ie Suspects, Weapons, Locations.

Rather large mansion to explore, you'll need to search just about everywhere, you never know where someone may have stashed a clue!

Different playthrough each time, I'm currently setting it up to where each playthrough should very rarely be the same as before. Also Suspects will act differently each playthrough. Some may be easier to get information from, and others could be devious trying to point the blame elsewhere. It's up to you to figure out who did it! Don't accuse too lightly though, you could let the killer escape and put an innocent person away.

Here are a few videos so far:

And a few screens:

You'll have to unlock each suspect by reading their bios.

Once you unlock the suspect you can keep track of your clues through here, as you can see there is a toggle at the top, it goes through your weapons, and locations as well. All of which unlock as you discover them.

Expect to see a playthough at next years MagCon.

Last edited by Drew; 10-27-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees
Re: CLUE

I thought about doing a Clue game on RM1 way back in the day. Never got past the planning stages though. I got all confused on how I was going to implement it. This looks very cool.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I thought about doing a Clue game on RM1 way back in the day. Never got past the planning stages though. I got all confused on how I was going to implement it. This looks very cool.
Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

It's really hard to get a sense for what the game will be like without seeing the clues, dialogue, or any of the action playing out. But I like the concept and I have to say the aesthetic is absolutely beautiful for an RM2 production. What's going to be the backstory for the mystery - classic "someone murdered someone with a weapon in a room"? Or will it be different for each play?

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo

Last edited by Wavelength; 10-27-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
It's really hard to get a sense for what the game will be like without seeing the clues, dialogue, or any of the action playing out. But I like the concept and I have to say the aesthetic is absolutely beautiful for an RM2 production. What's going to be the backstory for the mystery - classic "someone murdered someone with a weapon in a room"? Or will it be different for each play?
The murdered person will always be the same. But the who, what, and where should be different each play through. And as for the dialogue and whatnot I'm saving all that for actual gameplay. Don't want to show off too much at once afterall. And as for the back story for now it'll just be like classic CLUE, if this project does well I'll consider doing a sequel, with a different mystery each play through. Thanks for the feedback as well.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Drew
Pavilionite

Update:

Note: The room designs aren't 100% final I will definitely polish them a lot. And the little Peacock piece moving off the board is because I haven't put her pathfinding in yet.

Pretty much it will be like the actual board game.

Last edited by Drew; 11-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #7
Drew
Pavilionite

Still working on this:

Link to playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...W21masmfnAhhg6

Last edited by Drew; 01-30-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
YesterdaysMoose
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

YesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasure
Thumbs up Re: CLUE

To add to what I posted over at the Mag:

I've been thinking about getting back into RM2 this year, but still suffering a lot of motivational and inspirational issues.

I'm glad you're still working on this and haven't abandoned it. RM2 takes so much time and effort, but it's worth it in the end.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #9
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysMoose View Post
To add to what I posted over at the Mag:

I've been thinking about getting back into RM2 this year, but still suffering a lot of motivational and inspirational issues.

I'm glad you're still working on this and haven't abandoned it. RM2 takes so much time and effort, but it's worth it in the end.
Very much so. Added episode 2 and 3 today.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:54 PM   #10
Drew
Pavilionite

Episode 6&7 are up and a link to the playlist can be found above.