RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 02-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #5261
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

I haven't checked it fully, but yes the game does auto-save basically non-stop. At my point in the game, I haven't had to use it.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #5262
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plate

I played about 10 hours of FF15 after picking it up during the holiday sale. Itís an absolutely charming game but I dunno if itís good.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:59 AM   #5263
Sampson
Hail Satan

Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.Sampson has 1.21 gigawatts of power flowing through their veins.

I beat the Wings of Liberty campaign and the Heart of the Swarm campaign on brutal and tried to do the same for Legacy of the Void, but I just couldn't do it. I quit after the third mission and never went back.

I recently picked it up again and have been able to beat every mission on my first or second attempt on hard. Almost finished.

The Starcraft 2 campaigns are really fun, but the story is garbage. Like Warcraft 3 remixed and recycled.
Sampson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #5264
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.

Dropped into my first Dwemer ruin on this playthrough of Skyrim, level 30. Mzulft for the Mage's College.

To properly loot the place of Dwemer scraps, even with a companion, it took four trips out to empty inventory, roughly 300 Dwarven Ingots worth of metal. Once I drop enough Perk points into Smithing for Dwarven smithing I will probably level a couple times off Smithing alone.

My magic skills are all minimum 45, all other skills are minimum 25 (due to buying training). I have 38k gold right now, with another 15k in potions that it takes time to sell because of limited merchant options.

I've done the basic introduction quests for all guilds except the Bard's College, and am farthest along in the Mage's College. I've done two Daedric quests at this point and am in the middle of a third.

I should probably clear the vanilla Skyrim story in another five levels or so, and then I'll start Dawnguard content after I become a werewolf.

I haven't had any crazy epic fights since the last one against Sabre Cats and Bears. I did encounter a random cave bear INSIDE the Companions hall. Somehow. It didn't live long against a guild of warriors.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #5265
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.

God, I hate Dwemer ruins. Most of this hatred is directed towards the Falmer subcultures that hang around, like, 75% of the ruins in this game. I dunno why, but I just hate the Falmer, which is probably why I hate Blackreach so much.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #5266
JPS
Chillin' All Day

JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!

Ive actually never collected any dwemer things, I try to stay away from them lol

Here I come Pav, like the Kool-Aid man barging into a funeral! Oh yeah!
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #5267
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.

I cleared a second Dwemer ruin last night, but it was a much shorter one and it only took the one trip in with a Companion to empty it of good Dwemer scrap and weapons/armor. This is one of the ones that has a connection to Blackreach, which I've never delved into before. I might poke around and see what's up with it after clearing some different content.

Right now I'm helping clear out a temple plagued by a Miasma that makes people sleep and have bad dreams.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #5268
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maijo View Post
I haven't checked it fully, but yes the game does auto-save basically non-stop. At my point in the game, I haven't had to use it.
Now that I'm further into the game, I must admit that the auto-save has saved my arse about 3 or 4 times (where otherwise I would have lost at least an hour of progress in a dungeon).

To be frank, though, the auto-save of the battles that game over'ed me felt more fair than cheap. No reason to make me slog through the dungeon of relatively easy marks again.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #5269
truekid
PlayTMG.com

truekid has a brilliant futuretruekid has a brilliant future

Just finished Breath of the Wild. I was only playing it in small bursts. Also I didn't want to finish it, because I was enjoying it so much. I really like exploration, and they definitely rewarded exploration.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #5270
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.dragaron is the third Mario Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maijo View Post
Now that I'm further into the game, I must admit that the auto-save has saved my arse about 3 or 4 times (where otherwise I would have lost at least an hour of progress in a dungeon).

To be frank, though, the auto-save of the battles that game over'ed me felt more fair than cheap. No reason to make me slog through the dungeon of relatively easy marks again.
Yeah, it might be a good thing then. It's a double-edged sword that decreases the sense of urgency and danger, but also eliminates unnecessary frustration.
dragaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #5271
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

I was about to buy Knockout League which came out on PSVR yesterday but then I figured why spend $30 on that when I've got Punch-Out (the Wii version) sitting on my Wii U that I barely touched.

I'm also tempted to buy Sprint Vector but I wish there was a demo because I'm not sold on it.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #5272
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

About 20 hours into FFXII. So much of that game starts to open up after hour 15. Now I see why people loved the game, but I never understood (could never get past the 10 hour mark).

I'm hoping it won't be over too soon. I could see myself taking a stab at extra end-game content for sure. That would be quite an accomplishment considering the only other FF I've been compelled to do that with is my all-time favorite FFX.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #5273
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

The biggest problem with XII is also one of its strongest features: that the extra content was almost exclusively Mark Hunting and getting new Summons.

They took their core gameplay loop (combat) and reinforced it with a lot of extra reasons to go out and fight in specific areas that otherwise you didn't have much reason to go after the initial story reason. Going to those specific areas gave you lots of loot and monsters you may not have fought yet, which reinforced fighting tougher and tougher things.

All while programming your team's AI to make the game play itself but because YOU dictated the rules of the AI, it felt so much better than FFXIII playing itself. It played itself well BECAUSE you designed it that way.

Speaking of AI, FFXV's AI was pretty good in the sense that they gave you just enough sort of command options to dictate power combos and set up really great plays when you really only controlled the one character.

The further RPGs go from "full control of all actions at all times" to "intelligently designed systems that work efficiently if you work it efficiently" the better, IMO. They stop really becoming the same style of game, but it's far more pleasing and less frustrating than the traditional jRPG style (based on our modern expectations of swift gameplay).
Old 02-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #5274
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

I recently played through Chrono Trigger fully for the first time a month ago. I really enjoyed the back-to-basics of the JRPG system. Even FFX at this point seems to harken back to a simpler time.

I wonder if there's any value in going back to a simple, straight-forward system ala FF7-10 or Pokemon or others

Not that I dislike games like FFXII or FFXV (both of which I love). But Xenoblade Chronicles 2 def suffered for me because it was hyper complicated to the point of it being too much for me
Old 02-15-2018, 09:14 PM   #5275
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.

Fun Fact: I bought Zodiac Age months ago and have yet to play it. When FFXII was out on the PS2, I originally played it for three hours, got super bored, never touched it again. Over the years, my tastes have changed and I'm hoping that I'll enjoy it now. Still not looking forward to the beginning, though. Might actually be the reason why I haven't brought myself to play it.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 PM   #5276
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.

Said it before, say it again: FF 12 is just a low-rent KotOR knockoff. Very transparent how much of a ripoff it is. Just play that game again and leave it at that.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #5277
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

Now I'm about 10 hours into Chrono Trigger. It's good, though I'm not sure if it'll make it into a top favorites list of mine, at this point.

It's probably one of the better time-travel stories out there, though, along with Dark Cloud 2. Far better than FFXIII-2, but that kind of goes without saying. In retrospect, it seems like FFXIII-2 was trying to be like Chrono Trigger and failed badly at it.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #5278
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Said it before, say it again: FF 12 is just a low-rent KotOR knockoff. Very transparent how much of a ripoff it is. Just play that game again and leave it at that.
How does one play again that which they never played?

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #5279
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
A clunky and archaic D20 system. Oh boy. what fun.

I tried to replay KOTOR when they did their gigantic windows compatibility update and that game is so outdated itís a chore. Much like the original Mass Effect. Its just not worth going back to and replaying.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #5280
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
Fun Fact: I bought Zodiac Age months ago and have yet to play it. When FFXII was out on the PS2, I originally played it for three hours, got super bored, never touched it again. Over the years, my tastes have changed and I'm hoping that I'll enjoy it now. Still not looking forward to the beginning, though. Might actually be the reason why I haven't brought myself to play it.
The same happened with me. It makes much more sense now (most likely because it's super complex and we're older now). The beginning I find to be OK, it's the early middle that kills me (sandsea.......). After that though, man does this sucker open up in a big way.