RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > Tutorials

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
kbandressen
Pavilionite

kbandressen is a fairly shiny person.
Converting RPGM1 games to work with the PSP

Okay, this tutorial will cover how to convert a GME or similar format RPGM1 game to be used on the PSP, which also makes converting it into a PS3 virtual memory card extremely easy! You will require a PSP with custom firmware (preferably the latest) so if you haven't got that set up on yours yet, go do that first.

1. Get a copy of RPGM1 converted to a Popstation eboot. I was told not to post any information about this but it is necessary, so google is your friend on this one.

2. Install CWCheat:
http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/
It's a plugin for the PSP that, among other things, lets you load memory card files in Popstation. AFAIK, there's no way to directly convert to the Popstation format, so you'll have to do it this way. Just follow the directions in the readme for CWCheat as there's a few steps to it.

3. Convert your game saves to MCR format.
There's plenty of options for this step, but the one I've been using (that's worked like a charm for every save I've tried) is to use Aldo's Memory Card Manager:
http://www.aldostools.org/memmanager.html
It probably doesn't make a difference, but I've been using the ePSXe mcr format when saving files.

4. Copy the files so CWCheat can use them. Copy each mcr to X:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc on your PSP. You'll need to rename them as well. CWCheat uses the following format: SLUS_00640-0.mcr, SLUS_00640-1.mcr, etc.

5. Run the RPG Maker eboot and once the game is loaded, access the CWCheat menu by holding select for a few seconds. Select 'Manage Memory Cards", use left and right to scroll through the list of cards you have, and then load them.

6. Once they're loaded, it's best to do some kind of memory card operation in game (starting a new game and saving, etc.) to make sure that the saves get written to the Popstation memory cards. It can still be a little unreliable at times though, so if you're working on a game on the PSP, be sure to use CWCheat to update your mcr files whenever you're about to quit!

Once you manage to get your saves converted for Popstation, you can easily read them with a PS3 for making virtual memory card files with a usb cable. So there you go, I hope this has been a useful guide!

Last edited by Valkysas; 01-26-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Zora 182
Pavilionite

Zora 182 is on a distinguished road
Re: Converting RPGM1 games to work with the PSP

Where can one find that Eboot?
I have searched and found nothing.. (sorry to revive an old post)
Old 08-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: Converting RPGM1 games to work with the PSP

Asking for or posting information on where to find pirated copies of games is not allowed here. Please ask somewhere else, or make your own eboot file.

Last edited by Valkysas; 08-29-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Closed Thread