RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Dawn of Hellfire Productions

Old 04-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.
Advent Chronicles [RMVXA] [The Final Revamp]

Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of Mankind...

<==========>

After several long years of failures, revamps, and cuts, I've decided that the cycle will break here. This will be the final revamp for what once started out as a side project based off of the small story elements of a Roleplay I did a while back.

As of now, I'm not very far into the game. In fact, I haven't even started designing the locations or database items. I just wish to create this thread as soon as possible and show off some features, and more importantly, the brand new story.

And no, this isn't an April Fools joke.

I will begin to develop the true machinations of the game in the coming weeks, hopefully even producing a Demo in a fourth of the time it took me to make my old ones, one of which was never even released to the public. The full game will ultimately be shorter than what I had originally planned for it to be back in 2013, but it will still feel like a full-length professional RPG.

So, let's not waste any time here. Onto the Story!

<==========>

For millennia, Mankind has been at war with their dark brethren, the Monsters. However, these creatures aren't like any ordinary animal found on the world of Dystopia. Many call it an epidemic, and many call it a curse from the Devil himself. What everyone knows, however, is that Monsters are spawned by the darkness in one's heart. This darkness goes by many names; Blight, Malevolence, or more generally, Negative Emotions.

If one generates enough negativity, then Beasthood will occur, transforming the individual into a soulless, bloodthirsty abomination. The cruelty of the world does not stop there, unfortunately. The Darkness of Man also attracts Monsters, which leads to death, destruction, and sometimes it even led to the annihilation of entire countries.

Worst of all, monsters have been known to progress. To ascend to a darker power, essentially becoming a god among demons; Dreadlords.

However, only two Dreadlords have ever been recorded in history; Ulysses, the First of the Monsters, and the Great Scourge, Slayer of Heroes. But that's not to say that a mysterious third force does not await in the darkness...

But all hope is not lost. Stories tell of a weapon that was supposedly crafted by the predecessors of man, and that there was only one bloodline that had the power to wield such a weapon. A Sword of Kings, and a respective lineage of Kings. Although divided, this line of blessed individuals has the potential to finally put an end to this Armageddon once and for all...

While there are many characters in the story, for now I will only display the first five main protagonists that you will meet on your journey.

Race: Human
Sex: Male ||| Age: 20
Class: Spellblade
Weapon-of-Choice: Swords
Bio: A rather arrogant young man who lives in the small village of Lorelei. There, he trains his swordfighting skills with his Master, Mordred, and frequently hangs out with his best friends, Cedric and Aluin. He has a hard time remembering his childhood, and appears to receive unusual nightmares that are attempting to convey some sort of vague message to him. While arrogant and sometimes disobedient, Roy does have a soft side, in which he enjoys to help out those in need and has an unquenchable thirst for adventure. The one thing he detests most of all, however, are murderers.

Sex: Female ||| Age: 18
Class: Markswoman
Weapon-of-Choice: Bows
Bio: A mysterious woman who arrived in Lorelei in search of something. She is fairly skilled in archery and has an unusual potency in Healing arts. Zenia is very secretive about her missions, and has a severe lack of trust for just about everyone she meets. Because of this, she is fairly irritable, short-tempered, and selfish. Despite her toxicity, she seems to have some sort of noble nature about her. It's not like she would just tell you about her backstory, though.

Race: Elf
Sex: Male ||| Age: 32
Class: Knight
Weapon-of-Choice: Axes
Bio: A Knight of the Kingdom of Grandis who works directly under Commander Alaster of the Military Police. He, Alaster, and another Knight named Maipher, are traveling enforcers of the law, their current case being the infamous Master Thief of Camlann. Gerard is a rather quiet individual, and has a strange fear of women. He is also fairly knowledgeable, and carries a grim past on his shoulders...

Race: Elf
Sex: Female ||| Age: 19
Class: Thief
Weapon-of-Choice: Guns
Bio: The infamous Master Thief of Camlann. After living a traumatic childhood, the girl took refuge in the trading city, but unfortunately remained in poverty. This drove her to live a life of crime, stealing from merchants in order to survive the city life. She has a keen eye for valuables and wallets, and will never say no to a challenge unless the odds are against her. Her harrowing past unfortunately still shakes her to this day.

Sex: Male ||| Age: 26
Class: Paladin
Weapon-of-Choice: Greatswords
Bio: A high-ranking officer in the Grandian Military Police. Alaster set off to the trade city of Camlann in search of the Master Thief alongside his two partners. His personal mission, however, is to find his long lost sister who went missing many years ago. He has a strong faith in the divine, and is one of a select handful of people to have the potential to use Holy Magic. He is very strict and valiant, which makes him appear to be a true knight in shining armor.

The Events of Advent Chronicles take place in the world of Dystopia. More specifically the East Coast of a rather large continent known as Avalon.

Within the East Coast of Avalon lie Three nations: Grandis, the Renaissance Kingdom, Argenvale, the Kingdom of the North, and Itzamna, Territory of the Native Avalonians. To the west of Argenvale lies an inhabitable wasteland that was once home to the grand empire of Camelot. Finally, in the middle of the Neptunian Ocean to the east lies Isla Allbaen, an isolated landmass that once served as a prison island for both infamous criminals and Monsters alike.

The map displayed below reveals only a small handful of the locations you will visit on your journey.

• A long, hectic, and harrowing story filled with many twists and turns.
  • Visual Encounters that appear on the map.
  • Monster Hunts which serve as the journey's central side missions.
  • A heavily strategic battle system with diverse character roles.
  • Tons of customization options for your party members.
  • Eight party members in total.
  • A potential 30+ Hour Adventure!

I have a very limited stock of screenshots, as the main game is yet to be developed. In the near future I can hopefully provide you all with more content in my updates.

<==========>
<==========>
<==========>

Within the following weeks, I will hopefully begin posting updates on this game. I'm very close to the point where I can finally begin working on the maps and events, it will probably take the rest of this weekend to get there. Until then, have a happy April Fools joke, and I apologize for not turning this into some sort of clever prank.

Oh well.

Last edited by Redeye; 04-22-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Redeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: Advent Chronicles [RMVXA] [The Final Revamp]

Nice thread, Red!

Having played every available version of your game, I feel it has become markedly better with each "restart". The new features are easy to appreciate, but I think the overlooked difference between 2013 and now is your markedly improved storytelling skills. The first version of Deity Chronicles revealed its story in ways that felt aimless and forced; the last version was beautifully paced and often felt compelling.

I'm looking forward to AC's development and I highly encourage you to post some short videos once you've nailed down the underlying systems and started on the (evented narrative) content. If a picture's worth a thousand words, a video's worth a thousand pictures!

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote