RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker Workshop > RPG Maker 2

Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
YesterdaysMoose
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

YesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasure
Red face DoL:T3W Update, but not really...

I've been taking my now usual break from RM2 and playing other games.

RM2, of course, was giving me grief when I tried to expand on my demo.

I'm still tinkering with from time to time, but it'll be a while before anything new.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
YesterdaysMoose
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

YesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasure
Thumbs up DoL:T3W Update, for realz...

I am just going to post this here... Seems no one read the last post anyway...

I figured out the problem and, naturally, it was RM2 being evil, as per usual.

There's a chance I might release an updated demo. Not much would change, except there would be a door that leads to an area that was only accessible by warping before.

On the other hand, most of my design stuff was stored on a hard drive that stopped working. If I can somehow manage to recover the data, then I could at least have my level sketches and whatnot back. This would definitely help with level design and might move things forward a bit.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.Draygone can land the plane in Top Gun.
Re: DoL:T3W Update, for realz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysMoose View Post
I am just going to post this here... Seems no one read the last post anyway...
I did! =D
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79
Re: DoL:T3W Update, for realz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygone View Post
I did! =D
Same here. I appreciate any development on RPGM2.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
YesterdaysMoose
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Red face Re: DoL:T3W Update...

Okay, I guess I didn't notice the views increasing.

Working on this game constantly reminds me how many random quirks and barriers RM2 has. What I was doing should've worked, but didn't, so I worked around it, and now it does. This is one of the main reasons that designing, play testing, and fixing things becomes such a chore!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79dragaron made their own PS3 for $13.79
Re: DoL:T3W Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysMoose View Post
Okay, I guess I didn't notice the views increasing.

Working on this game constantly reminds me how many random quirks and barriers RM2 has. What I was doing should've worked, but didn't, so I worked around it, and now it does. This is one of the main reasons that designing, play testing, and fixing things becomes such a chore!
You're telling me! The RPGM2 software is so versatile in some respects, but limited in others. Part of its allure is finding those workarounds, but doing so can be very frustrating. I think I really pushed the envelope with Psychosis, especially with the music creator and custom menu system, but doing so took me months of failing and finding workarounds.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote