RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Full Games

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Perversion And Paper

This is an extremely buggy, arguably playable, version of Perversion and Paper, my Pavilion Biography Contest Entry. I suggest you wait until a more refined version comes out, unless you're really, really curious (and masochistic).

While surfing the internet before work, Perversion stumbles upon an ad for the Sony Plasmagasm High-Definition TV. Now, being that this is Perversion, he has to have it. There's only one problem: the TV is $2800 and it's only on sale until next week. Perversion's got one week to work, play, carouse, and bolster his bank account to make his dream come true.

Includes activities with:
Customer Service - Sezjeuric, Raithwall
Treasure Hunt - Sejon Sol
Boiling Point - Simple Man, Lord Cohliani, Valkysas
Like Watching Paint Dry - Wavelength
What the Pho? - Pagerron
Spelling Be - Karr
Face Off - Alzar, Big Rick Cook
Short Leish's Stories - Leish
Rep Battle - JPS
Nippon Chips - Bonanza
The Bad Side of Town - Terr
Bonus Scene - ???

You'll find Perversion And Paper on Slot 3 of your memory card.

I don't give my games ESRB ratings, but please be aware that Perversion and Paper contains moderately strong language, coarse humor, mild sexual humor, and lethal concentrations of Mora Musk.

===

RELEASE NOTES:

This is an extremely buggy, arguably playable, version of Perversion and Paper, my Pavilion Biography Contest Entry. I suggest you wait until a more refined version comes out, unless you're really, really curious (and masochistic).

Please note that a few areas are entirely broken, but most just don't refresh correctly. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU EVER FIND YOURSELF ABLE TO MOVE AROUND AS SOON AS YOU GO SOMEWHERE, OR IF YOU CAN MOVE AROUND WHEN YOU FEEL EVENT CODE SHOULD BE EXECUTING, OR IF ENOUGH TIME HAS GONE BY TO TRIGGER A TIMED EVENT BUT IT IS NOT TRIGGERING: SIMPLY HIT SQUARE (to open the menu) AND THEN CIRCLE (to cancel) AND 90% OF THE TIME THE EVENT WILL EXECUTE.

This happens, for example, right near the beginning of the game, when you warp to your job at Sears, directly after you make a dice roll, when the time deadline passes in any of "action sequences" or Wave's House, when you *try* to dig at a tree in Laguna Strand, and in several other places.

A few events can get caught in loops. If you find this happen and want to correct it to keep playing, please message me (or email me or post here) with the event that is caught in a loop, and I will tell you which event commands you need to add in to make the event playable again. Here are two to start you off: First, Bonanza's game should have a "Modify Mode to Mode 12" in Modes 9, 10, and 11. Second, the Sears Control event should have a "Display Off" on itself at the end of Mode 2 (this may create a minor flaw later but will stop the crippling loop problem).

Also, I recommend playing this version in Playtest mode. If you ever do get completely stuck, simply warp to another place (preferably not the Basement), and you may be able to pick up where you left off, or at least play "freestyle" and see more of what the game has to offer. You may need to hit square-circle once or twice, but most of the activities are fully playable. It's the transition into and out of the main loop that's most likely to go awry.

Hopefully you can see at least flashes of the brilliance that this game should have been, and still could be.

Finally, I want to thank Pagerron, Obright, and everyone else who gave me encouragement along the way. This version wouldn't be here without you, and your support means so much to me. Thanks also to Valkysas for the Pavilion Biography contest--this game wouldn't be here at all without you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PerversionAndPaperV02.zip (472.9 KB, 385 views)

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo

Last edited by Wavelength; 05-31-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Holy crap, this game is in the directory? :D
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like
Re: Perversion And Paper (Pavilion Contest Entry)

When Obright reviewed A Series Aside, he had a problem with how clunky it was. I needed to make it like I did, because I had exactly the same issue you did here, in multiple places. This issue being, some events (usually auto-events involving some portion of the PRNG) just did not trigger until doing exactly what you mentioned (hitting square and then backing out). I spent a while trying to figure out exactly what the problem was, but was never able to completely eliminate it without switching some of the auto-events to button-press events, which in his review, Obright found "clunky."

I really do not think it is a problem with your coding. I think it's a problem with the software itself. It appears that if you have more than one auto-event running at the same time in the same area, this will sometimes be the result.

Sorry about posting this here instead of in your forum/the Workshop forum, but it's a direct response to what you had posted.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: Perversion And Paper (Pavilion Contest Entry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perversion View Post
I needed to make [A Series Aside] like I did, because I had exactly the same issue you did here, in multiple places. This issue being, some events (usually auto-events involving some portion of the PRNG) just did not trigger until doing exactly what you mentioned (hitting square and then backing out).

I really do not think it is a problem with your coding. I think it's a problem with the software itself. It appears that if you have more than one auto-event running at the same time in the same area, this will sometimes be the result.
Thanks Perversion, that's really helpful information! See, my intention was to never have more than one Auto Event running at a time. Before an event ends, if it turned on another Auto event in the same place, it will always change its mode to a blank Button mode. Apparently, unless I have a few severe bugs, that's not always good enough.

Now, I think there's a way around this. I don't know exactly what it is, but I have a feeling I am going to need to make wider use of Display Off. Because I had 14 Auto Events in the same room in Hell's Dining Room, and, making widespread use of Display Off, I never ran into any problems. Not only that, I think the Timer was always Display On. So I'm still feeling good about my chances here. I'll let you know if I succeed.

My primary goal, obviously, is to make it so you can play through the game without any chance of a crippling glitch. My secondary goal, however, is to design the events so you don't need to press buttons any more often than you have to.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote