RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 2 Demos

Old 05-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
KumoShinagi
Lurker of the Century

KumoShinagi surfs with the dolphinsKumoShinagi surfs with the dolphinsKumoShinagi surfs with the dolphinsKumoShinagi surfs with the dolphinsKumoShinagi surfs with the dolphins
Light Warrior: Story Demo

Play through some of the story of Light Warrior and take a look at it's semi-Cel-Shading in it's pre form.

Warning!: Some of the content is not suited for those ages 17 and lower.

Demo Contains: Violence, Blood, Mild/Strong Language

Max Drive/AR MAX file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Light Warrior-Story Demo Max Drive-AR MAX File.zip (545.4 KB, 900 views)
KumoShinagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
Doyleman
Pavilion Regular

Doyleman fishes for ducksDoyleman fishes for ducks
Re: Light Warrior: Story Demo

Well Kumo Shinagi, I said I'd play last night and post today, and I did.

My review of Light Warrior:

Intro:
Really well, the story was presented in a suspense/mysterious way to make the player want to know more *atleast it was for me*, the sfx of the walking away was excellent.

Town:
The house in the town was really cool, with the whole doorway and the fireplace. You are way better than me at object placement, but just one *intro/home town* building?!

Battles:
Ok, the entering battle scenes are awesome! every battle I entered seemed new and entertaining. I liked the transition from "Battle!!!!" and "preemptetive" or whatever to "back attack" *my memory is bad, so forgive me if i mis spelled anything*. The Surge attack was also neat and nifty, but I thought it did waay to much damage. The music also helped the battles, I thought it was a cool choice :). Another plus was the battle quotes made by Yuji and the girl archer person. Although I thought there were alittle to much battles, but this was canceled out by the 100% flee, so that was ok.

World Map:
China is big. Everyone knows this, and making the chars. small helped show this. I thought that was good. Nothing else I can really say about the map.

Misc.:
I found a Kawa something coin, for what I don't know. I'm sure there is a purpose, I just don't know what. The Chi and Energy extract points, or whatever they are called, were cool. Some downfalls are there were some random capitalization of letters, like ex: "Hey, How...." the H for How shouldn't be capitalized *just a ex., I found some sentances that did something like this* and descipline is spelled discipline I believe. Just some grammatical errors (i can't do much better now lol).

Overall:
I thouroughly enjoyed this game, and would like to see more, congrats :)
*I knew I beat it due to sending me to the title screen*