RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 12-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud ofRPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud of
RPG Maker Steam Sale

They're having a sale on steam for all PC RPG Makers!

RPG Maker 2000-Normal Price: $24.99/Sale Price: $4.99
RPG Maker 2003-Normal Price: $19.99/Sale Price: $3.99
RPG Maker XP-Normal Price: $24.99/Sale Price: $4.99
RPG Maker VX-Normal Price: $39.99/Sale Price: $7.99
RPG Maker VX Ace-Normal Price: $69.99/Sale Price: $13.99
RPG Maker MV-Normal Price: $79.99/Sale Price: $19.99
Bundle (comes with all 6 games)-Normal Price: $259.94/Sale Price: $50.34

The order is by release date in Japan.

RPG Maker 2000 is good for making old 2D retro SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System), and GBA (Game Boy Advance) games with a frontal view turn based battle system (similar to Dragon Quest 1-7). Has minor glitches. You can upload your games online.
RPG Maker 2003 is good for making old 2D retro SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System), and GBA (Game Boy Advance) games with a side view action turn based battle system (similar to Final Fantasy 4-6). Has no glitches. You can upload your games online.
RPG Maker XP is good for making newer looking 2D RPGs with a frontal view turn based battle system (similar to Dragon Quest 1-7). You can upload your games online for free or sale your games online (with special permissions). Has no glitches. Uses Ruby Version 1. With enough time, editing, and scripting you can change the battle system to something really cool.
RPG Maker VX is horrible! It's too glitchy! Get VX Ace instead! Don't waste you're time and money with this garbage! There's too many glitches in this game! Very glitchy! Uses Ruby Version 2. You can upload your games online for free or sale your games online (with special permissions).
RPG Maker VX Ace is good for making newer looking 2D RPGs with a frontal view turn based battle system (similar to Dragon Quest 1-7). An upgraded, improved, and much better version of VX. Has DLC. Has a dungeon generator, and character generator. You can upload your games online for free or sale your games online (with special permissions). Has no glitches. Uses Ruby Version 3. With enough time, editing, and scripting you can change the battle system to something really cool.
RPG Maker MV is good for making newer looking 2D RPGs with a frontal view turn based battle system (similar to Dragon Quest 1-7), and/or a side view turn based battle system. You can upload your games online for free or sale your games online (with special permissions). Has no glitches. Has DLC. Has an improved dungeon generator, and an improved character generator. Uses Javascript. Newest PC version. With enough time, editing, and scripting you can change the battle system to something really cool.

I would recommend XP, VX Ace, or MV if you want to make a newer looking 2D RPG. I would also recommend 2000, or 2003 if you want to make an old retro 2D RPG (similar to the SNES, and GBA). I would never recommend VX at all! Not one bit! VX sucks! I hope this helps if you're going to buy any of these.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a splendid one to behold
Re: RPG Maker Steam Sale

But it's forbidden to upload Rpgm2k3 here though... Hope that'll change and were cool with that... And... Money (i really don't have money) but I got 2k3 from a friend.

-Give me a sign
Brightness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud ofRPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightness View Post
But it's forbidden to upload Rpgm2k3 here though... Hope that'll change and were cool with that... And... Money (i really don't have money) but I got 2k3 from a friend.
Just say I made a game in RPG Maker 2003, and put the name of your game in the RPG Maker General. Simple as that! That's what I did for my game in RPG Maker Fes! I recommend you try out RPG Maker 2003 when you get the chance. It's probably really fun! I would get one of these games if my Dad would allow me to but I rarely get to go on his PC, and I'm not allowed to buy games for my Chromebook because it's school property.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:22 PM   #4
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

Deeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaper

Once upon a time, I asked Valkysas whether or not RPGM 2k3 would be taken off the ban list since Steam started selling it legitimately.

They never got back to me on that.

Quote:
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
-Walt Disney
Deeth Irteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPG Maker 2000, and RPG Maker 2003 on Steam are real, legitimate, legal, officially English translated, and localized.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:19 AM   #6
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

You can discuss and share games made with legal version of the software as much as you’d like.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote