RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker Workshop > RPG Maker FES

Old 06-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!
Two page conditions?

Is that all we get? I would like to make more complicated scripts but this is seriously holding me back.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like
Re: Two page conditions?

I think what will hold me back from the idea going around in my head is a 64 item limit.

As for branching, I do like that you can go six deep.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Well I mean, 20 conditions is quite a bit for such a small platform. But yeah it does seem kinda annoying there isn't real script maker and such. Oh well.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

Is it just me, or is it true that if you put a command to go to a certain page, that page's scripting will automatically be executed regardless of if the conditions are met or what the trigger for the event is (ie-character touches the event, investigate, use item, etc)?

I have a page of an event (page 3, let's call it...I find myself leaving page one blank because you cannot use conditional effects on it) that is triggered by walking over it, but the next page (regardless of if I put it before or after page 3...ie-page 2 or page 4) will not trigger if I put an investigate command to trigger it.

So it seems that whichever the first page in an event is that has its conditions met will continue to run, and will not run any of the other pages unless you specifically tell it to go to that page. And then it seemingly does not take any conditions or triggers into account and executes automatically. I wish the pages worked where they flowed from one to another without specifically telling it to go to a different page. Or I wish that when you told it to go to a page that it took the conditions and/or the triggers into account.

Please correct me if I am not doing something right, or if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

From my limited knowledge of the system that seems to be the case. It was the same in RPG Maker1. I haven't tested to see if that's true yet, but typically when you take over to a different page it ignores page conditions.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote