RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Dawn of Hellfire Productions

Old 05-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.
DEITY CHRONICLES THE REVAMP

"Any individuals of mankind who dare to play God only end up in despair due to their arrogance. The six sins of mankind will forever lie in slumber until one foolish enough to desire God's power awakens them." ~Xenxes

"We're not fighting to make a name for ourselves. We're fighting because we're trying to enforce what is right for mankind. We're fighting because everything deserves justice, freedom, and an opportunity to change for the better good." ~Rael Seidon

Welcome to the Remake of the first of many future installments in the Chronicles mothership titles. This time, Deity Chronicles is taking a complete re-turn and getting a make-over! Wanna see what I have in store? Hop in!

The Starsear Cluster, a Celestial Galaxy that
is located in the center of Deitin, the World of
Life.

Inside the dominant Galaxy lies the two planets
known as Ghaisos and Derias. Connected by the
mystic resource known as Mana, the two worlds
remain as the heart of all life in Deitin.

Nelthis, the World of the Dead, and Experia, the
World of Magic lie side by side with the World of
Deitin.

Experia is the primary source of Magic power
within the entire universe. The three worlds
prospered for thousands of generations.

However, the fate of the world is at hand...

The worlds are bound to an inevitable fate.
Five signs of disaster will shortly lead up to
the absolute destruction of the entire universe.

The Collapse, The Corruption, The War, The
Altered Reality, and The Nova will soon lead
to the true end of the worlds.

The only way that can effectively prevent the
apocalypse is to use the power of the Phoenix
Flame, the ancient weapon of Fire made by
Deus, the God of the World.

Only the true wielder of the Phoenix Flame
can protect Deitin and Experia from
annihlation. And that is where the true
story begins..........................................

Take the role of Rael Seidon as he goes on an epic journey to save the world from destruction, with the help of a few allies.

The world is divided into 2 playable dimensions;
Deitin and Experia

Deitin is where you'll be playing most of the game.

Deitin is home to Two Planets;
Ghaisos and Derias.

Ghaisos is the larger planet, which holds the continents of Assyria, Varesca, Zeres, Leslod, Kairoz, and Forseid.

Derias is the lowerworld, which holds the continents of Derdon, Loresedia, Yeomania, and Qexderi.

Experia is divided into 4 regions. North Experia, South Experia, Zodiac-Speria, and Caidoz-Speria.

Here are the nearly accurate maps showcasing the worlds of Ghaisos and Derias...

Rael Seidon
Race: Human
Bio: A young swordsman who lives with his best friend and his mentor in the Monastery in the Yyavara Fields. He has a pet dog named Sypher and he is very experienced at sword fighting. He also knows some nifty spells.

Sypher
Race: Dog
Bio: The trusty and loyal pet dog of Rael Seidon. Seriously, is there anything else that needs to be said? Oh, yeah, he also fights with Daggers.

Ziltia Herondas
Bio: A young woman who is a reported missing woman. In actuality, she's just some tough girl who went to investigate the Old Barrow by herself. She is especially trained in Archery and Healing magic.

Geis Lefloz
Race: Elf
Bio: The strongest guard who defends the village of Crumviez. He has a slight case of Amnesia as he doesn't remember why he has the job he has now. Whatever that might be, it sounds like he has quite the dark past. He is trained in heavy combat with Axes and Polearms.

Nyls Wersida
Race: Elf
Bio: The proclaimed master thief of the city of Ptolmeia. She obviously steals belongings for a living and lives in a secret tunnel in the Ptolmeia Mines. She is very shady, so her past remains unknown. She is very good with using swords and has the ability to steal.

Delnic Galard
Race: Dwarf
Bio: A retired military colonel who currently leads the rebellion against King Zolestheim, a tyrant who took power and dictated the entire city of Zolestheim. Delnic is a heavy alcoholic which makes him the strongest warrior you'll ever meet. He's very good with polearms and can deal heavy damage.

Celes Orese
Race: Gaian
Bio: A Gaian, which is a human species but with extremely amplified magic powers, who attends the Althumes Magic Academy in Althumes. Her father is currently missing, whom suddenly vanished after waking up in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the center of Assyria. She is an experienced healer who also knows light magic.

Selce Erseo
Race: Gaian
Bio: A Gaian who does not remember her past entirely. She seems to recognize Celes very faintly the first time they meet. Little does she know that she has a very dark secret. She is trained as a Saboteur and can cast dark magic.

Aeles Seidon
Bio: A young woman who is the adopted daughter of the Governor of Destiade. Rael and Aeles seem to know each other in an odd way, until it is revealed that they are related. She is an expert on elemental magic and can exploit enemy weaknesses and strengths.

Iesen Zenisei
Race: Neosapien
Bio: A Neosapien, which is an abnormally tall version of a human, from the planet of Derias. He is currently blind due to being infected by a common disease found in the Derdon continent. However, special techniques allow him to see specks of mana that indicate life, even the undead and Entities. He is a polearm user who knows how to use both light and dark magic.

A fully intractable world that allows you to search every nook and cranny for items, gald, and more. Various sidequests and secret areas will double your experience in the world of Deity Chronicles.

A side view battle system including Auto-Battle, Animated enemies, Enemy HP Bars, and plenty of battle-helpful items!

A large world with a large story! Venture to the darkest depths of Deitin and uncover the ancient secrets of Experia in an estimated 50+ hours of gameplay!

Right now I only currently have 1 video of the new Deity Chronicles, but if you haven't taken a look, see it right now!

DEMO

~COMING SOON~

FULL GAME

~COMING SOON~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to check by this thread often to see any new exciting updates to the brand new version of Deity Chronicles!

~The Maps were made by me but I give credit to Celianna from rpgmakerweb for making the mapmaker so I can do so.

~Any scripts and graphics will be properly credited in the Game Credits within the game itself.

~Want to Support this game? Leave a Rep, Bookmark this thread, or you can just cheer me on from the background.

I will post new updates as soon as possible. Until then, ciao!

Last edited by Redeye; 04-18-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: DEITY CHRONICLES THE REVAMP

I gave you a bit more feedback on the things you said in your other DC thread, but just wanted to bump this one back over it since I think this is the thread you wanted to show everyone.

Nice job on making all this progress; I especially like the new look of the characters and the world.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
Redeye

Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Redeye is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.

Hey, just to let you guys know, the First dungeon has been finished.

And the first boss. Since I have some free time, i'll be working on DC until sometime around Sunday. I'll hopefully make it to somewhere around Ptolmeia by the end of this weekend.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Redeye

I went back and made some little tweaks from the beginning, such as adding new scripts and changing some cool stuff.

Like the brand new Skit System!:

Old 01-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Redeye

Hu-hu-Hey, peeps. This'll be another... "apology" update, you know, because school and all.

But hey, I have all weekend to do this so I'm gonna work myself to try and get stuff done over the next two days.

But now I finished Ptolmeia... well, the city part. I have yet to begin the Mines section and the Undercity section. I'll get to that over the weekend.

This here is a video that displays the looks of New Ptolmeia, it includes 3 cutscenes, 1 side quest and 2 important scenes. I gotta say i'm happy with the way the city turned out and look forward to the dungeons that come next.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
Redeye

My apologies, Xith, but this is a bit of another "update".

I recently started a Game Blog hosting my games. You can check it out here...

https://dawnofhellfireproductions.wordpress.com/

This is where I'm gonna post my updates a bit early. I post there, and then I get to here and rpgmakerforums the next day. I will also provide this link on my Youtube and Facebook account.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #7
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Nice job getting your work up on WordPress.

I just noticed that Celes Orese and Selec Esero are direct flips of each others' names. Had I seen them in-game, though, I probably would have noticed within seconds. "Celes? Selec? HMMM..." Unless you're intending for the "shadow self" vibe to be really obvious from the first moment Selec is introduced (or you don't find about Selec's first name until it's explicitly stated that she's Celes' counterpart), you should go for something less blatant with the names.

Maybe a full anagram like "Cresse Eleo" would work better? A few people might figure this out, but they'd have to think through it. I think back to one of the most famous uses of this device, TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE, which felt like a brilliant hidden detail that no one noticed until it was pointed out by Tom himself. But had it been transparent the first time readers saw the name, it would have ruined the entire arc.

Just my two cents.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
Redeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
Nice job getting your work up on WordPress.

I just noticed that Celes Orese and Selec Esero are direct flips of each others' names. Had I seen them in-game, though, I probably would have noticed within seconds. "Celes? Selec? HMMM..." Unless you're intending for the "shadow self" vibe to be really obvious from the first moment Selec is introduced (or you don't find about Selec's first name until it's explicitly stated that she's Celes' counterpart), you should go for something less blatant with the names.

Maybe a full anagram like "Cresse Eleo" would work better? A few people might figure this out, but they'd have to think through it. I think back to one of the most famous uses of this device, TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE, which felt like a brilliant hidden detail that no one noticed until it was pointed out by Tom himself. But had it been transparent the first time readers saw the name, it would have ruined the entire arc.

Just my two cents.
It's a bit of a spoiler regarding the story as it involves a particular villain and his works. In fact *** SPOILERS ***
people like Selec have been mass produced in the world, and it's a doppelganger of a certain Tales of the Abyss side arc.
*** END SPOILERS ***

Though it may seem a bit obvious, the story that follows and the backstory behind it all gets much deeper with those two.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:26 PM   #9
Redeye

Well, I've got an update to share.

All info can be found on my blog:

https://dawnofhellfireproductions.wo...cles-update-1/

Remember to follow my blog, and subscribe to my Youtube channel as well.

Until next time!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
Redeye

Greetings, Earthlings!
I have arrived with more news!
I did a little “Correction” Update where I went back and fixed some minor things. I also added some major perks to the game itself!
-Added a Skill Equip System. It makes strategizing for useful.
-Added a Parameter Customization (Mark System) where you can up your stats with Mark Points (MP.)
-Added a Parameter Bonus (Exper Core System) where you can equip rare accessories where it can boost your parameter gains every time you level up.
-Added a New Battle Transition effect.
-Added Text Sound Effects
And many more features.
Here is a youtube video that holds all of the good stuff…

Make sure to Subscribe to my channel, and also like and follow my blog and facebook account for more updates!

https://dawnofhellfireproductions.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dohproductions?pnref=lhc
Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #11
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

The menus/interface look very good, Redeye. Where you get Mark Points from?
TheHonorableRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:49 AM   #12
Redeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonorableRyu View Post
The menus/interface look very good, Redeye. Where you get Mark Points from?
It's the Stat Distribution script by TDS.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #13
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

I mean more like, in your game does each character start with a specific number of Mark Points to distribute? Do they get more Mark Points throughout the game, such as via level ups?
Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #14
Redeye

Quote:
I mean more like, in your game does each character start with a specific number of Mark Points to distribute? Do they get more Mark Points throughout the game, such as via level ups?
Oh, yeah, they get 10 MP at Level 1 and get 10 more every time they level up.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #15
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Do they get double points if they're named "Mark"?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #16
Redeye

Quote:
Do they get double points if they're named "Mark"?
Awww hell no.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #17
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

Can the player distribute MP to any stat they want for each character, or are there limits? Do some stats cost more MP to raise on certain characters? Can the player turn a tank character into a magic user or vice versa, or are the roles for each character mostly fixed?

I'm interested in your vision for how the Mark System will work out in action.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #18
Redeye

Quote:
Can the player distribute MP to any stat they want for each character, or are there limits? Do some stats cost more MP to raise on certain characters? Can the player turn a tank character into a magic user or vice versa, or are the roles for each character mostly fixed?

I'm interested in your vision for how the Mark System will work out in action.
Yes, they can distribute MP to any stat. Each increase costs 1 point. Unfortunately, you can't necessarily change specific characters into something completely different, such as giving Geis lotsa magic, because Geis doesn't even have any magic in the first place. Though, you could up his Speed and make him incredibly fast.

You can use this feature for other things, such as making Rael's magic more powerful, because, through levels, he only has 2 spells. You could make Ziltia a hard-hitting archer instead of the main healer, (even though that's a terrible idea.) or maybe even turn Sypher from the most useless to the best party member in the game.

It just depends on how you want to play the game.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #19
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

I really love these kinds of systems in general in games, because they grant me ownership over how my characters develop and what "power fantasy" they achieve by the endgame. I can turn them into the type of battler that I think is right for them, using their skills/attributes or even just their personalities as a guiding star.

In the same breath, though, I remember we were also talking about Capacity Cores or whatever you called them, which also give a character extra stats per level in a category of your choosing (according to which CC you equip). Isn't this kind of redundant with Mark Points?

I'm really curious about this line: "maybe even turn Sypher from the most useless to the best party member in the game". Assuming he's generally the most useless party member (woof), what is it about him that enables him to become the best party member with Mark Points, assuming that everyone else is earning Mark Points as well?

Last edited by Wavelength; 02-01-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:40 AM   #20
Redeye

Quote:
I really love these kinds of systems in general in games, because they grant me ownership over how my characters develop and what "power fantasy" they achieve by the endgame. I can turn them into the type of battler that I think is right for them, using their skills/attributes or even just their personalities as a guiding star.

In the same breath, though, I remember we were also talking about Capacity Cores or whatever you called them, which also give a character extra stats per level in a category of your choosing (according to which CC you equip). Isn't this kind of redundant with Mark Points?

I'm really curious about this line: "maybe even turn Sypher from the most useless to the best party member in the game". Assuming he's generally the most useless party member (woof), what is it about him that enables him to become the best party member with Mark Points, assuming that everyone else is earning Mark Points as well?
It's kinda simple. If you play your cards right, you could make Sypher possibly the strongest character in-game. Which would essentially make him the best.

Exper Cores also allow extra customization, so you're not just limited to spending MP to increase your stats. I might nerf MP by a bit in the future so Exper Cores aren't entirely redundant.