View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: My MV game "Messiah."

The concept is very cool! I love the setting and the initial setup for how misunderstandings turn into epic goals.

One thing I would caution you about is that the character you are setting up, as I understand your description, is more of an egotistical/delusional anti-villain than he is any sort of hero. This works wonderfully in a book or movie where the audience is a passive observer. It can be trickier in a game where the audience (player) is an active participant playing as the main character, because you are asking the player to "be" someone that they likely don't believe in, and someone they may not want to help.

This doesn't mean your concept cannot work as a video game; it just means you have to think especially hard about how you want to do it. Maybe the player alternately plays both Dai and Gaetan, from their own perspectives, as they play their game of cat and mouse. Or maybe Dai is just supremely likable, and most players will be charmed enough that they want to help or be him, despite knowing what he's doing is wrong (Catch Me If You Can was so good at this).

What kind of graphics are you looking to commission? Maps? Full tilesets?
Scene backgrounds? GUI/HUD art? Character busts? Battle sprites? Most artists specialize in just a couple of things. In my work on timeblazer I've commissioned people to do most of the above, so I could probably refer you to some good artists that are used to working in RPG Maker, if you'd like.

But since graphics are one of the most expensive things to commission, I'd also recommend that you complete at least the first third of your game (using placeholder graphics and without any custom battle system/menus that you can't program yourself or find in a public plugin) to make sure that you're up for the long haul before you spend a few thousand dollars (not to mention a lot more time doing review, management, and implementation for your artists) making your game look as good as your dreams.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote