View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #15
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.
Re: New RPG Maker PC Software!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragaron View Post
I like the higher resolution, touchscreen support, and ability to export to mobile devices. Most assets will need adjusted since characters are 48x48 now and not 32x32. Good improvements though. It mentions JavaScript. Does this mean JavaScript is additionally included, or is it replacing Ruby for the hardcore programming?
JavaScript is a much better known language than Ruby, although not nearly as well put together. Not knowing Ruby is one of the two things keeping me from doing a serious project in VX Ace (the fact that I haven't managed to put together a storyboard for a game is merely secondary ).

Supporting JS is something that might entice me, but in the end it's not what is really keeping me from accomplishing anything.