View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.
Dray's RPG Maker Playthroughs - Rebooted

When I began making let's plays over eight years ago, the very first games I decided to play were RPG Maker games. Not many people get to play these games (stupid transfer devices), so I decided to give them some much-needed focus. And over the past eight years, I have let's played a whopping 40 RPG Maker games! Some bad, some good, some so bad they're good.

My RPG Maker playthroughs started out as typical let's plays, but a couple years ago, I began to stream them. And during those streams, I invited the games' creators to join my chats and give some inside developer feedback while I played. That was pretty neat, but over time, it became exhausting to schedule a weekly stream just for the sake of making sure that the game creators were there. These streams began to feel more like an obligation, and I clearly wasn't having fun, anymore.

And so, I've decided to reboot my RPG Maker playthroughs. No more scheduled streams. These will be pure let's-playing goodness recorded when I want, not when I'm expected to.

And I do mean "reboot", because the first game I'm going to play is one of the first RPG Maker games I let's played, "A Ronin Story", an RPG Maker 3 game made by Tsunami. It's a decent game, but my original let's play of it is garbage. Just look at it:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5AB7FC19B61738
Not only was I new to let's playing, but the video quality is so poor that you can't even read the dialogue at times. The game deserves a fresh look -- one that you can actually see. =P

After I'm done with it, I don't know what I'll play, but it'll be something different. Maybe for RPG Maker 2. And probably a finished game.

I'll be starting up "A Ronin Story" within the next week or two. Got some preparations to make, first. But for now, I wanted to give y'all a heads up about it, so that it doesn't come completely out of left field when I begin.
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

Last edited by Draygone; 02-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote