View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: Absolute Garbage - The Second: Contest Reviews

New Title
by Duelpro
RPG Maker 1

Overview
The game creation counter is about a half hour. I don't see how this thing took that long to make.

Visual Design
Looks like he was influenced by smitpok. everything is randomly thrown around. it's a mess. not a huge mess like smitpok was, but still a mess.

Sound Design
RPG Maker's default sound effects are really the only that are heard. music never goes along with what's happening.

Story
You're a dog. your parents are not. you have to go to the store to get milk. you have to fight for the milk. oh, there is no milk. different store. fight a phoenix in a treasure chest. you're told to go kill your parents. you go kill your parents. you win, and get to see the title screen as a prize. epic.

Gameplay
Consists only of the default battle system. the first battle scarred me for life. The enemy cannot harm you, and each of your hits does an average of 54 points of damage. sound easy? no. it seems the enemy HP was maxed out. max HP is 9999. now guess how many extremely boring turns that took. yeah. and then there's three more battles. none are as long, but since the first battle was, you go into these absolutely terrified that they could take about 40 minutes or more of just pressing the X button. I have never been genuinely afraid of an RPG Maker game until this thing came along.

Final Thoughts / Score
I now know why everyone from the Mag hates Duelpro.

7.5 lethargic Spider-Men of 10.

Last edited by Valkysas; 08-12-2007 at 06:31 PM.