View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: Extravaganzicon Contest Results

ChuckRich's Extravaganzicon Contest Reviews - RPG Maker 2

SS World - Winner for RPG Maker 2

This is more of an action-adventure than an RPG. The plot is standard adventure fare but is interesting and very well written. It's a well made game but it's inherits the shortcomings to come with trying to make a real time game with RPG Maker 2: clunky movement, unreliable button recognition, inconsitent attack ranges and a host of other issues. The game creator can't be faulted for that, he did a great job with what he had to work with and I think this game would be great if it was made on something designed for real time action. I especially want to thank him for the frequent inclusion of save points and that the Game Over screen (which I became quite familiar with) automatically brings you to SS World's title screen rather than RPG Maker 2's. Therefore you don't have to load the game from your memory card every time you make a mistake.

Layout 7 - Levels are short but good, towns are minimal.
Plot/Concept 9 - Decent story with great writing.
Creativity 8 - Any real time game in RPGM2 takes creativity. The interface and controls are custom made.
Polish 8 - Points for customized interface/controls and lots of VFX.
Fun 8 - SS World is a fun game but frustrating thanks to RM2's limitations. The save points and quick continue help ease the frustration though.

Final Score: 40

Last edited by Valkysas; 01-20-2007 at 12:00 AM.