View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: Extravaganzicon Contest Results

ChuckRich's Extravaganzicon Contest Reviews - RPG Maker 2

Musical Chores

I'm not sure if this should be called a game. It seems to be one unfinished puzzle from a future game. You navigate three mazes to find the correct songs to play on three harps. Everything is in a first person perspective which is completely impractical for the mazes. You're basically stuck staring at varying shades of gray trying to decipher if it's a wall directly in front of you or a step away. Your only option is nearly blind trial and error. But you're punished for that trial and error since there's a limit of steps you can take then you're dropped back into the harp room to start over again. It's senesless and frustrating. If you do manage to finish a maze you're given a code, such as CXTTS-1. At no point are you told what to do with these codes. As it turns out CXTTS = circle x triangle triangle square. These are the songs to play on the harps. Apparently only the first one works as the other two harps only allow one key press each time. When you do play the correct song on the one functioning harp you're rewarded with "Congrats! A WINNER IS YOU" message and the RPG Maker 2 title screen. Game over I guess?

Layout 4 - The mazes were challenging.
Plot/Concept 0 - There was none.
Creativity 5 - It seemed to be a decent puzzle idea but completely unfinished.
Polish 3 - A few points for the on screen timer and first person view but everything was broken one way or another.
Fun 3 - Without the step limits I think I would've had a little fun with the mazes.

Final Score: 15

Last edited by Valkysas; 01-20-2007 at 01:00 AM.