• Show
Clear All

Re: Veil of Corruption

Sounds awesome. Keep at it.

Comment

Thanks, Perv.

Update

I've made a good deal more progress. I've made several new dungeons, a new town, a few cutscenes, and a handful of puzzles. The part of the game I plan on having ready for the Magcon demo is made.

Everything I have so far is barebones, but as far as story/puzzles go it's made. I just need to add the smaller details.

I'm almost at 10 scenario blocks. I'm right before my planned card swap so things are going good. 5 blocks for details. I still need to make my custom menu, all NPC text and a bunch of other stuff. It will chew up fast. Who knows how long the first card will be. I won't know until the battles are in place. I'm hoping it will be 2-5 hours of play. Probably landing someplace in the middle of that time frame.

Speaking of the custom menu, I made a quick prototype that I really liked. In it you'll be able to switch party members, switch Stat and Special Gambits, read the Travel Log (A breakdown of the recent events that have happened and what you need to do next.) and for a bit of gold heal.

Also, If anybody can convert these sprites into the PS3 format for me that would be awesome.

right now I'm using placeholder sprites for a couple characters. I would really love to have them before Magcon so the demo doesn't have to use placeholders.

Comment

Update:

Progress has slowed a bit with all my friends being home on winterbreak. I've still managed to get a good deal of work done. I have set up the main menu and custom "Party Menu." I''ve also gone through and made the loot system I'm using. I've also done a lot of fine tunning and adding more details. That's more or a less it. Nothing major, but important to the overall game nonetheless. Not to mention time consuming. I'm at 12 Scenario blocks, about 25000 memory left.

I still need to finish the "Travel Log." Also, I plan on going over all of the text and making sure the writing is up to par. The first card is nearing completion. Once it's done I'll be setting up the MagCon demo.

Comment

Update:

I haven't been able to give an update in a week or so because my laptops charger decided to die. I still don't have a new one so I won't be around for another week.

Anyways I'm still making good progress. I've done a lot of text editing. I'm also trying to hammer out the details of my crafting system.

Comment

I'm just happy to see the progress bar moving again.

You ever get those sprites converted? If not, I can try getting my dex drive to cooperate long enough to help you out.
            Last edited by Valkysas; 01-03-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
              I'm just happy to see the progress bar moving again.

You ever get those sprites converted? If not, I can try getting my dex drive to cooperate long enough to help you out.
              You're telling me. The games probably more then 10% but it's hard to estimate. Still no sprites. If you can get your dex drive working I would really appreciate it.

My laptop charger is fixed, for now.

My first scenario card is almost done. I have about 9000 data left. I just have some small text tweeks and then it all can go to details. Mostly interactive events. The megcon demo is just about ready as well. A few more days of work and everything should be good to go.

I have come to a bit of a roadblock. Today I was doing some brain storming and thought of a better way to make the begining of the game. This is like the 10th time this has happened. The good news is I won't have to cut anything out to make it work. The bad news is I'll have to change where the card switch is. A couple dungeons on card one will have to be moved to the second one to make the new intro. It won't be hard to do, just a hassle. It should be fairly epic if I can implement it right.

For now I'm going to focus on polishing the hell out of the first card. Once everything is done I'll move the dungeons and add the new intro.

Comment

Okay, I'll begin battling my Dex Drive tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get the thing working.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
                  Okay, I'll begin battling my Dex Drive tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get the thing working.
                  Ix just sent me the converted sprites, so no need for you to battle your dex drive. Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it.

Comment

Oh! Sweet.

Yeah, this piece of **** isn't cooperating.

Comment

Update

Scenario card 1 is complete. At least for now. I need to cut a large chunk and put it on card 2 and make a whole new begining secion of gameplay. That shouldn't be that big of a problem once I decide to actually sit down and tackle it. Right now I'm turning my attention to finishing/polishing the MagCon demo. There's extra stuff I need to add to the demo and I have under 400 data left on the card. I plan on isolating that section of gameplay and deleting any space not used specifically for the demo. That will give me the needed space and it will fit on one memory card.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the demo totally finished in a week or so. Once that's done I can go back to making the actual game and creating new stuff/areas/story events. Not working within already made locations.

Of course, Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3 could cause some delays.

Comment

Update:

I took a bit of a break for a while. I've been waiting for Navane too finish playtesting the MagCon demo. I picked it back up a couple days ago. I finished the design of the new opening section I mentioned. I made a good amount of progress as far as scenario work is concerned too. That includes 3 major cutscenes and a few of the minor encounters.

Unfortunetly I ran into a bit of a roadblock. I won't have enough events to finish the Valhunder Highroad. I'll have to break it up into 2 sections at least. It's not a huge problem, but I'll have to go back through and make sure all of the events are working. Just one more limitation that bites me in the ass. It might actually save me some System space since it's such a big dungeon. I should be able to pound that out in the next day or two. Once thats done I can work on the first scenario card switch.

Comment

MagCon demo is up. I hope you enjoy the video.

Part 1
                          Part 2
                          Part 3

Any feedback is welcome.
                          Last edited by Lausen; 03-27-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

MAN I wish I could play this.

...You know I would.

Comment

You've always been a big supporter Obi. It's cool to know you're still interested in my projects even after moving to RPGM1.

Update:

I haven't done anything substantal on this since I submitted the MagCon demo sometime last month. With the video of the demo up, I've become modivated to start it back up. Everything mentioned in the previous update has been done since before I put it down. The first scenario card switch is done and working good. The transition worked smoother then expected. I also completed the new opening section of the game I mentioned. I replayed through it today and am really happy with it.

As for progress I made today, it's been mostly in the dungeon editor. I finished a town that has been holding me back for quit some time. It's the town immediatly after the Delco Mine. I wanted the town to be centered around a mining theme and was having a hard time pulling it off the way I wanted. I turned on the maker several times the past month with the intent to bust it out, but ended up staring at the screen with no direction, restarting at least 20 times. It feels really good to finally have the design layed out. It turned out completely different then I first envisioned, but I like it. This gives me a whole new map worth of scenario to work with. Overall I put in a couple hours of work in. Getting past this roadblock is a big step in the right direction.

Comment

Are you going to release the magcon/contest demo publicly? It's a good demo. You should. I had fun with it.
                                Last edited by Valkysas; 03-28-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X