Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny (Cancelled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusk Raven
    replied
    Re: Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny (Cancelled)

Originally posted by Lausen View Post
    Thanks Dusk. It's good to hear from you again. Yeah, it was time to move on to the next idea. One I feel a lot stronger about.

What about you? You working with any of the makers still?
    Not in over a year. But yesterday I went down and booted up RPGM3, and tried to start a new game from scratch. See, none of the old ideas I once had really interest me... except for Half-Moon, but the problem there is that while the world it takes place in is still alive and well in my mind, it's changed so radically that the plot of Half-Moon has no place in it. I could still try and use what I already have, though...

...Which may be my only option since otherwise I have no idea what to make. I have ideas in my head I'd been intending to make through other media, but I'd have a hard time working on those in RPGM3, due to 3's limitations (mostly in the "object" department). 3 is adequate and indeed more than enough to make a game, but the problem is I need to make a game from it's mold, and not carve a game from something made with another mold, as it were.

I'm uncertain what direction to go in with regards to making a game... my best bet for making something may lie in 2 or XP, as those have more options... but on the other hand, I'd have to take a long time learning how they work. At least with 3 I have a general idea what to do....

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Thanks Dusk. It's good to hear from you again. Yeah, it was time to move on to the next idea. One I feel a lot stronger about.

What about you? You working with any of the makers still?

Leave a comment:

• Dusk Raven
    replied

That's... a shame. I haven't been active either, but Holy-Chaos is one of the names I'd known and was looking forward to.

Still, one can't fight creator's block. Best of luck with your next project.

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied
    Re: Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny

Okay, I haven't been active on the pav in almost 4 months due to lack of internet. Sadly in that time I did basically nothing PRG Maker wise. A few weeks ago I tried working on this, but something felt off. I just couldn't get back into it. I'm sure it's because my complete lack of planning. I came up with the basic theme and jumped right into creating. I became overwhelmed with everything because I never knew exactly where it needed to go. Now I have a game at about demo form, but have no idea how to carry on with the story. I hate to say this, but I think I'm calling it canceled. I'll tweek what I have and release it as a demo in case anyone is interested in playing it.

Now the good news. Right after I tried getting back into this game I found the itch to create again. I've come up with a new game idea and have been actually PLANNING it out for a week or so. I'm really excited to start work on it, but I'm going to make sure I don't make the same mistakes.

Thanks everyone who showed interest in this. Hopefully my next idea sees completion.

Leave a comment:

• Ωbright
    replied

I'm glad you're still working on this!

My PS2 is in even worse shape now than it was. I talked to a friend not too long ago about borrowing her slimline PS2, since she has a PS3 now and never uses it. If that comes to pass, then I'll finally be able to play yours and Pagerron's games like I promised.

So do you think you'll be able to live with what you'll have to do in order to get the switch-over working?

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Update

Wow, itís been a while since I updated. Iíve made some progress, but not as much as I would like. I have one cutscene to finish before the card switch. It shouldnít take long to finish that. Then Iíll have a decent amount of memory to add interactive events and the like.

Iíve been on a bit of a RPGM break. Well, actually a three-week break so far. Iíve been catching up on some PS3 games Iíve been meaning to play. I plan to hit it hard again after Iím done with RE5.

Despite not working on it lately Iíve been thinking about it quite a bit. I have some really cool ideas I would like to add. Weíll have to see if they work once I get there. Thatís where Iím at. I still have a LONG way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Update

I’ve done a decent amount of work. Mostly with cut scenes. I have a rather large series of them that play back to back. I’m really happy with how they turned out.

I’m nearing the end of my first scenario card. I’m on block 12 with 25000 mem left. In the next week or so I’m going to be going through the card and completing it. Minus the battles. I want it how it should be when I release it. That way I know exactly where I am with the remaining space on the card. Depending on how that goes I’ll figure out where I need to do the swap. I’m at a point where I can do it pretty much anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Originally posted by Ωbright View Post
    Good work! I'm really glad to see some new games coming out for RM1, that is awesome.

I'm still playing through HC:PU, but by the time I'm done with that and DQIII, maybe you'll be done with this one.

If I mail you a memory card, will you put Mirage of Destiny on it when it's done?
    Hey, thanks for giving HC: PU a run. I look forward to hearing what you think. I doubt it will be done before then. I have some big plans for it.

Iíd love to put it on a card for you, but Iím making it on PS3. I could get someone to transfer it for me, but the game will be longer then one card. Right now itís at 10 scenario blocks, 5 system blocks, and 4 custom sprites. Iíll let you know when it gets to that point. It could be a while.

Ps. I missed you in the chat. I literally entered as you left.

Leave a comment:

• Ωbright
    replied

Good work! I'm really glad to see some new games coming out for RM1, that is awesome.

I'm still playing through HC:PU, but by the time I'm done with that and DQIII, maybe you'll be done with this one.

If I mail you a memory card, will you put Mirage of Destiny on it when it's done?

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

Update

Iíve made some progress. I completely finished Fort Rhvineís design. I added all if the puzzles to it and just need to finish the main scene of the area. Itís potentially the biggest scene Iíve made so far. I have all of the text typed out on my computer so it should go quick once I start programming it all.

Iíve also done a lot more thinking about the story and how to make the flow feel realistic and not forced.

I may release an unofficial demo in my game forum at the mag. (No way to do that here.)

Leave a comment:

• GoalieGuy6
    replied

This looks like it's coming along really good... I like your elemental system, and the cryolite thing sounds like a really cool feature!

And I love the cover art too, I'm too lazy and un-creative to make cover art for anything I make...

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Update

I’ve made some more progress. I made a new town. Well it’s actually a military camp turned refugee camp. There’s a rather big cut scene that takes place there. I’m really happy how it turned out. It gives a lot of insight as to the people of the camp and overall feel of the world. I also made Fort Rhvine. It’s what I’m most proud of so far. I haven’t added any kind of events to it yet, but it’s looking really good.

As far as story telling goes I’m bringing up a lot of questions for the player to ponder on. Some are obvious and others are pretty subtle hints about past events in characters lives. As the story progresses the questions will be brought up and answered. I really want to utilize foreshadowing and tap into the players own curiosity.

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Originally posted by Navane View Post
    About a week ago Lausen sent me a demo of HC:MoD. Having recently completing it, I'm here to say it's freaking awesome! The demo of HC:MoD is the most fum I've had with any RPGM game. Heck, it was the most fun I've had on a game made on any of the RPG Makers. This is a game you guys should definitely keep your eyes on. I honestly can't wait for the final game.
    Thanks man. I canít tell you how much this means to me. It gives me the motivation to go the extra mile and see this one through to completion.

Leave a comment:

• Zeroth
    replied

About a week ago Lausen sent me a demo of HC:MoD. Having recently completing it, I'm here to say it's freaking awesome! The demo of HC:MoD is the most fum I've had with any RPGM game. Heck, it was the most fun I've had on a game made on any of the RPG Makers. This is a game you guys should definitely keep your eyes on. I honestly can't wait for the final game.

Leave a comment:

• Lausen
    replied

Update

I’ve made a great deal of progress since the last update. I made a rather large town. I still need to make the inside and populate it. I made a Mine and all of the events that go with it. (A puzzle type thing.) I also made a prison. Mostly I’ve been working on story events and cut scenes. I made 2ish scenes with a good amount of dialogue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X