Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny (Cancelled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny (Cancelled)

The game has been cancelled. I deleted this topic because I plan to reuse some of the ideas in my next game.
    Last edited by Lausen; 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM.

Re: Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny

Sounds awesome. I like the subtle air of mystery that you gave to cryolite. Maybe it's just me, but I think some surprises about it are in store, based on what you said about it.

So, wait...you can only have 15 skills per person, right?

Comment

No, its like RPGM3's classes in a sense. You only can have 15 main/playable Characters so you can only have 15 Skills aka classes. One class for each character. The other characters are actually events that you give a graphic to. Each Skill/class you can have 7 different magics/techniques or whatever you want to call them, but the character can be assigned more. I don't know the actual limit. I don't really know why they call classes skills, but they do.

With RPGM1 you can change the name of stuff in battle. Like HP you can change to Life or item to bag.
      Last edited by Lausen; 12-14-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Update

I've made some good progress so far. I have the opening sequence done. It's probably 30 minutes of gameplay. I made my first town and the insides. I just need to populate it. I also have one small minigame.

RPGM1 is a major memory eater. I already have 2 blocks of System and 3 of scenario, but I can have as many cards as I need so I'm not going to let the quality suffer because I'm scared of running out of memory. Using a PS3 is helpful cuz I won't have to buy any more cards.

Comment

~Update~

Iím due for one. Iíve made a good deal of progress that I really like so far. Iím basically focusing on the story events right now. Then Iíll go back and tweak the other stuff.

-Made the Zander Mountains. Itís actually part of the opening scenes I mentioned. It is kind of a ďJobĒ mission. (More on jobs below.) Itís more or a less to introduce the player to the main character and get a feel of things. It also has a small mini game and a semi boss battle. With a cut scene of course.
          -I finished the town. Itís called Sypheria. (That town appears in Prophecies Unleashed as well.) Itís actually only the Port District. There will be at least one more. It has a couple cut scenes that introduce some key characters.
          -Started working on the ďJobs.Ē Because the main character Bryce is a mercenary he can take on different jobs at pubs. Rewards will be in Gold. What else?
          -Made the Walsh Valley. Itís a custom dungeon with a waterfall as its centerpiece.
          -Made the Walsh Tunnel. Itís just a small dungeon with the purpose of connecting parts. It has a small cut scene and puzzle in it.
          -Made the Aruna Monastery outside and in. There is a small puzzle on the outside of it. On the inside is a stealth mini game that turned out really good.
          -Working on a few interactive cut scenes that go along with the main purpose of being at the Aruna Monastery.
          -Iíve made all of the healing type items.

It doesnít sound like much, but according to the time it is. 3 system blocks and 5 scenario blocks. Iíll be starting to flesh out both the class system and Cryolite soon.

Also, Iím considering using the default level up system along with a stat boost system. I want to have enemies randomly drop stat boosts that the player can distribute however they want. Each will only be by 1. Iím thinking that would add a bit more incentive for battling sense theyíre not random. What do you guys and gals think? Iíd have to be careful to not let that ruin the balance.

Comment

Update

I finished a couple more story events. I'm at a good spot to stop working on story and go back and fine tweak everything. I planned out how I want the class system to work out.

12 classes each with 5 skills to learn. When you unlock the class you can use any of the skills, as long as you have the Cryolite for it. At first the skills cost MP. When you level up with the class equipped you will master one of the skills and it will no longer cost anything to use. And you'll be able to use it with any class equipped.

I plan on using a cursed item on the left hand so you can't equip two weapons. When you equip a certain class the cursed item will be removed.

With 6 playable characters all being able to do this the custom menu's going to take a LOT of memory, but I think it should be worth it. A lot of switches will be needed. With so much stuff going on in it I'm going to be focusing on the flow of things. I don't want the menu to be clunky. I haven't started it yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it.

The top is the save crystal I'll be using. The bottom is Cryolite. I don't really have a use for the sword yet, but why not right?

These are the arrows I'll be using for the custom menus. I have a few plans for the fire balls.

I'm 86 hours into it. I hate having a clock!
            Last edited by Lausen; 01-04-2009, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Great to see you working on your game.
              Twothorp was in immense pain. The blisters did not care.

Comment

Whoa! I love the save crystal and the fire ball. Nice job. Brings back such precious memories of RPG Maker 1. Nice Lausen!!
                " I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. " - Jesus

Comment

I'm 86 hours into it. I hate having a clock!
                  Back in my RPGM1 days, I referred to the clock as a "guilt meter". especially when I never released the games I made.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
                    Back in my RPGM1 days, I referred to the clock as a "guilt meter". especially when I never released the games I made.

It kinds of feel like that. I'm at 165+ hours, but most of that time has been used redoing things, so I kind of feel the only thing that adds up in my game is time.

Comment

Great, now it's going to be impossible for me to think of it as anything other then the "guilt meter".

I busted out the party-changing menu today. It surprisingly only took 1600 scenario memory. The killer was the near 40 SWITCHES I had to use. The class systems going to be a lot worse though. It will take 60 switches. One for each skill you can learn through classes. It's a good thing you can recycle switches or I'd be screwed!

Broke the 90 hours of guilt mark today.

Comment

I edited out the pics. Look at the first post to see them.
                        Last edited by Lausen; 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I completly Changed the first post. Take a look.

Comment

Update

I have finished making both the Class Change Menu and Party Change Menu. There was one problem I encountered with the Class menu. It would take a LOT of memory to track what characters are in the party. So instead I made it if you have more then 4 party members it will automatically bring you to the party change menu when you are done changing classes. This saves a lot of switches and space. I also made all 60 skills that can be learned through classes. They're actually just the names.

Now I'm working on making everything I have completely playable. By that I mean tweaking everything, balancing all the monsters, setting Chests, setting skills, ect...

Comment

Update

Well I havenít worked on it in a couple days because I had to finish up my minigames. Everything that I have in the game is pretty much how I want it. Itís all balanced up to where I am. Iíve been making it in pieces. I work out all of the story events on a section, then go back and fine-tune and balance. Then start the next section. I prefer this method instead of waiting till the end to do all the balancing/fine tuning. Nothing gets old and Iím constantly working on different aspects of the game.

I may not have physically worked on the game, but I have done a LOT of thinking. I have planned out a good ways in advance as far as story and big events are concerned. I have also done more thinking on the driving conflicts and whatís making the characters follow the plot instead of just saying **** it I have other things to do. I have also been thinking about each individual character. I have typed out semi detailed back-stories and defining moments in their lives that explains why they act the way they do.

Iíve done the same thing with the setting. I have been asking myself why is this mine, town, or whatever in this location? Why is it abandoned or overpopulated? What is or was it used as? Iíve just really been trying to think deeper about every little aspect.

Iím considering pulling a ďLostĒ and using a series of flashbacks to describe things. When a character does something drastic, instead of having them explain why they acted the way they did have it explained through a flashback. I think it could help people connect with the characters. The flashbacks could be used during transitional parts of the game that may not have too much action.

I know it may be weird, but Iíve found it really helpful to give the characters ďtheme songs.Ē Songs that relate to or sum up the characters in certain ways. For example, Zerothís song is Indestructible by Disturbed. When thinking of dialogue for a certain character, throw on a song that relates to the personality so you can kind of get into their head.

Thatís pretty much what Iíve been working on. Hopefully Iíll be getting more in game work done soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X