About time to hang up RPG Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time to hang up RPG Maker

RPGM3 that is. Since getting RGPM 1 (Thank you Valk.) Iíve fallen in love with it. The dungeonís, sprites, and the battles are actually FUN. You can even MOVE stuff! I find it a lot harder to get work done with 3 now. I find working with RPGM3 more like WORK and not pleasure.

I will still release Holy-Chaos. Iíll still enter contests with RPGM3, but I wonít be working on anything major with the software. I might finish the Mirage of Destiny Demo. I think Iím going to carry MoD over to RPGM1. Well have to see. Right now Iím making a small game to learn the software. Itís basically drawn me away form working on my Mini-Game completely.

Re: About time to hang up RPG Maker

I know you're missing a manual, so I'd just like to remind you that the mag has the RPGM1 manuals scanned

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
      I know you're missing a manual, so I'd just like to remind you that the mag has the RPGM1 manuals scanned
      Yeah, I saw that the other day. I haven't really needed a manual though. I'm pretty sure I got things down. I might release my practice game just to see if I'm doing things right.

I actually have a question for you Valk. Is there anyway to get the pavs Sprite library into PS3 format?

Comment

This is why I still love RPGM1 over the other console makers. Easier to use than RPGM2, not as restricting as RPGM3. Not to mention I like the sprites better than the chibi models or stiff and badly animated models of the other RPGMs.

Comment

I actually have a question for you Valk. Is there anyway to get the pavs Sprite library into PS3 format?
          It's something I plan on doing when I get my dex drive operational again.

Comment

I really need to get back into RM1 again some day. I love the pixel editors, and anime maker. Still, I'll take variables over flags ANY day. I don't think I could ever see any of the makers as 'the ultimate one'. ALL of them have things that I love about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
              It's something I plan on doing when I get my dex drive operational again.
              I can't wait to see what's been made.

Originally posted by Ωbright View Post
              I really need to get back into RM1 again some day. I love the pixel editors, and anime maker. Still, I'll take variables over flags ANY day. I don't think I could ever see any of the makers as 'the ultimate one'. ALL of them have things that I love about them.
              Yeah, switches are kind of a pain when you're used to variables. Variables solve things so much quicker.

Comment

I submitted my practice game.

http://www.rpgmmag.com/forums/viewto...3c9d853#109494

Comment

Dude, when I read your title, my heart almost sank. Don't scare me like that, man!

Now that you're working with RPGM1, you probably won't be playing with RPGM2. *sigh* Will you ever pick it up and try developing a game with it? I probably don't need to mention how much I'd like to see you do a game on it.

Anyway, I'll always support you in whichever RPGM you decide to use. Hopefully your game will only benifit with RPGM1.
                  Twothorp was in immense pain. The blisters did not care.

Comment

Working...
                  X