~Mirage of Destiny~ (Now with screens)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~Mirage of Destiny~

I'm on a bit of a break right now. I bought Oblivion the other day. I thought I would be able to play both... Well I was WRONG! Just thought I'd let everyone know Oblivion has consumed my life.

Comment

Re: ~Mirage of Destiny~

Update

I did a little work on the game today. I’ve come to the conclusion that I won’t be able to make this game the way I want to due to memory restraints. My plan is to drastically shorten the basic plot. Because of my resent Oblivion obsession I think I might make the game more like that. A nice short main quest with a bunch of other quests you can do.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in collaboration, especially with the side quest stuff? If anyone shows interest we can talk more about it.

Comment

Re: ~Mirage of Destiny~ (Now with screens)

Have you done things like removing day/night modes in NPC's that don't need them, and economizing modes? If you like the idea of shortening the main quest anyway then it doesn't matter, but if you're only doing it because you have to then I might be able to help you 'zip' the game a little, as it were.

Come to think of it, you've probably done all of those things already.

Anyway, I still intend to play Holy Chaos, and I feel bad that I haven't yet. I also need to play Pagerron's complete game file. Both of those games need some lovin.
        Last edited by Ωbright; 11-22-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I make sure all of that stuff is done as I make it because of the mess I had with Holy-Chaos. I really have no choice but to make it smaller. The plot is just too large scale to be made with RPG Maker 3. It would take 5 slots. I can still get the BASICS across, it will just be really blunt.

Comment

Well, them make it with RPG Maker 2! Seriously, I'd love to see you do a game on that software.
            Twothorp was in immense pain. The blisters did not care.

Comment

Originally posted by Navane View Post
              Well, them make it with RPG Maker 2! Seriously, I'd love to see you do a game on that software.
              I'm just not comfortable with the software to make this game on it. I feel really strongly about the plot and characters and I just wouldn't be able to do it justice on RPGM2. If I end up getting RPGM1 I might try it on that software. I know you can use any number of memory cards to make a game. We'll see. I still need to release HC and finish the Evil Fantasy Guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Lausen View Post
                I'm just not comfortable with the software to make this game on it. I feel really strongly about the plot and characters and I just wouldn't be able to do it justice on RPGM2. If I end up getting RPGM1 I might try it on that software. I know you can use any number of memory cards to make a game. We'll see. I still need to release HC and finish the Evil Fantasy Guide.
                I'm sorry you feel that way.

TBS is coming shortly... I finally got off my lazy self and contacted Datel, so new Max Drive software is coming thus allowing me to release my TBS.

Comment

Yeah, my skills with RPG Maker 2 just aren't very good. That and it's a much bigger time constraint. I could make Mirage of Destiny with RPGM 3 before I could learn the stuff I would need to make it with RPGM 2.

Comment

I'd still try to look into RPGM2. You can do continuations with RPGM2, and you don't need multiple memory cards, either. You just have to write a script for it.

Edit: Do you think we'll ever see you do a game on RPGM2?
                    Last edited by Zeroth; 11-28-2008, 01:16 AM.
                    Twothorp was in immense pain. The blisters did not care.

Comment

I do think you are the best mapmaker for RM3 I've ever seen! Those are really nice screenshots!
                      Currently playing-
                      Seiken Densetsu 3, Brain Lord, Terranigma (all SNES)

Comment

Working...
                      X