Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evil Fantasy

Update

The game is completely layed out. All of the maps, towns, dungeons, etc... I have finished the main story events as well. About 2/3 of the game is completely balanced. Now, I'm going back and adding chests and interactive events. I also am going to go through the dialogue and tweek a lot of it. It was kind of rushed because my main focus with this game is the features. That and having a deadline. It looks like I'll be done with it a few months in advanced.

I'm at roughly 83% I still want to try a feature I thought of the other day. I think it would add a lot to it, and it looks like I'll have the space. It's really hard to update without giving anything away.

I hope other people are having fun with this contest too.
    Last edited by Lausen; 05-31-2008, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Update

I have got a lot done. I've been doing a playtest of the game. Everytime I see even the smallest thing that could be improved or changed I write it done. I mean the smallest thing. I wrote down one frickin texture block that needed to be changed on a map. I also wrote down how a building would look better if I moved it like an inch so it wouldn't be in the wall. Overall I'm really happy with how it's coming. I could possible be done in a week or two.

I'm at 86.5% right now.

Comment

Update

Progress is still very good. I did a few playtest now and made sure all bugs are fixed. The biggest thing I've done though is a puzzle. I've been working on it for the past 10+ hours. (Not in 1 sitting of course) It's by far the most complex thing I've ever created with 3. It seemed every time I found a way to make it work something would mess it up. I nearly gave up on it at the end, but I found out why it was glitching and was able to fix it. I didn't reset 3 variables at the right time. The problem is that the puzzle is made up of exactly 30 different events. If one thing happened wrong the whole thing is screwed. Having to back track through all of that is not fun. Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'll make the deadline with plenty of time to spare.

I'm at 92.7%

5 posts in a row.

Comment

I'm doing a final playthrough right now and hopefully will have it submitted to valk by the end of the day for judging. It's a good thing I decided to go through it again. I found a few small spelling errors.

I hope others are will have games ready by the deadline. I'm really excited to read all of the reviews and play the games that come from this.

Comment

wooooo game.

This makes, what, 2 confirmed entries?

hey. if it stays like that, no matter what, you'll get a prize.

Comment

Success is mine!!!

I could care a less about the prize. I just hope we get a few good games out of it. Even if they don't make the deadline. The theme is cool and is bound to make some interesting games.

Comment

I'm working on a Walkthrough right now. I'm done typing up the first area. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week. I'm stuck whether I should post it as I go or wait till it's completely done. Any thoughts?

Comment

Re: Evil Fantasy- Discussion & Feedback

Depends. A walkthrough for just one area (or even a few) is not much more useful than asking a question.

Though, it still might be worth it for feedback on how to write it. Unless you just don't want people to spoil it without playing, I say post it.

Comment

I disagree, wait until you are finished.
                    stodi no na ka cenba

Comment

The Evil Fantasy Guide is about half way done. It's a short game, but damn this is taking longer then I expected. It's about 12 pages long so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X