Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy-Chaos 2: Prophecies Unleashed!

Originally posted by Rodak View Post
    You realize that all stats will reset for part 2, right?

There's no way to bring experience, items, etc. in to part 2!

I had my party get REALLY drunk at the end of part 1 of a game that needed to do this. They started part 2 broke and back at level 1 - with no items - just because it was easier than trying to guess what their levels were and what items they may have had (and definitely getting it wrong!).

Even with no random battles, unless EVERY battle was Mandatory to advance, there was no way to be accurate.
    Yeah I already know this. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'll give the player the option of starting with fresh stats or the memory card trick. The end of the first and begining of the second will be the same. So it should work, but it will be extra work for the player to do it.

That's something to worry about when the time comes. Until then I want to focus more on the story. Also if I do the fighting system I've been working on it might go smoothly because there is no levels. Like I said well see. And thanks for the concern.
    Last edited by Lausen; 10-21-2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Re: Holy-Chaos 2: Prophecies Unleashed! Screenshots for Lausen

Last edited by Ωbright; 10-21-2007, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodak View Post
        You realize that all stats will reset for part 2, right?

There's no way to bring experience, items, etc. in to part 2!
        Sorry to double post in your forum, Lausen, but I just read this, and it's 100% incorrect. You CAN import characters, with all of their stats and items intact into the second part of a 2-part game.

You just have to save the second part OVER the first one. Your character data will remain from the previous data. Even if you save a DIFFERENT game altogether over that slot, your character data (game save data) will still be there. You can't actually RESUME that data though in that case, because you won't have those same characters in the different game, but it will be there.

Comment

Thanks man those look amazing! Rep is deffinetly coming your way soon!

Don't worry about the double post. I've done it a few times myself. And Yeah thought there was a trick to keep your data. It's nice to know for sure now.
          Last edited by Lausen; 10-21-2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

These screen shots are absolutely amazing!!
            The mountains look great with the peaks, and I love how the castle looks on the water.
            You definatly put a lot of heart into your work Lausen! These puts all my maps to shame.

I am going to download your game as soon as I get a max drive.
            Great job man!

Comment

Thanks, that means a lot to me, but thank Obright for taking such good screen shots.

Comment

Dude, I gotta say I'm a lot more interested in this demo now. Nice maps. I might have to check this out sometime.

Finish it and I can do a mag review.

Comment

A mag review would sweet! The only problem is I have no idea how long it will take to finish the game. Might have some time to wait, with school getting in the way.

Comment

Well you can send a demo to the Preview Crew, but I'm not on it. xD
                    Also the Preview forums are really quiet, so I have no idea how long you'd have to wait for a preview.

Comment

Something to consider I quess. Do you have to register on the site to do it?

Comment

Well you can be like I was and have just one post asking for a preview. But yes, you have to register.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphim View Post
                          I am going to download your game as soon as I get a max drive.
                          Me too! Lausen, your game looks suh-weet!

Comment

Well it's been about a month since I lost my data and I'm finally back to where I was. Things seem to be even better. I guess you guys were right things did come back better the second time around. Now Im anxious to work on it because it will be something new and I'll be able to put my other ideas into motion.

I think this is the first time since I deleted my data that I've really wanted to work on it.

Comment

Well I got some work done over the weekend and today I created my first completly new thing since I lost my data.Up until now I have done things before and knew what needed to be done, but I made new doungeon and it feels good to not be as limited.

I had a small question about levers. Whenever I lay more then one lever in a dungeon it seems the first one I put in is actually the last one in the list. Like say I have 2 (To keep it simple.) The first lever I put in is considered lever two and the second I put in is lever one. Does this happen to everyone? It's not a big deal, but I'm cerious.

Also I had an idea and was wonder your opinion. I have a small valley the party has to pass to get to a dungeon. I was thinking at the very begining make the screen shake and have demolision sound effects. The party is like WTF. You continue down the valley and you come across like three or four rocks piled up so it seems as though there was a rock slide. I was going to have the center rock an event and the rest decrotive. Then you have to use one of your skills to break through the rock. Anyway I was just wondering if thats a good idea?

Comment

Re: Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed!

I played some of the demo before I got back to work on my game, and the town just overwhelmed me(in a good way), how did you make those ponds and buildings? I sure didnt see anything like that in events or decor.

Also the map layout of the town works out really well

Here I come Pav, like the Kool-Aid man barging into a funeral! Oh yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X