Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud Manga Presents: Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter (Game Information)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Manga Presents: Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter (Game Information)

Story:

I am working on a story called Light Warrior:Yuji the Fighter. The story takes place in my version of China. This China is an archelpelago far away from the mainlands. A young boy named Yuji Koseken lives a peaceful life on an island in China with his mother and father. His father was the great savior of China, he played a key role in defeating an mysterious army of demons and villianous humans known as the Xiang-Kai.
    Well, one night, Yuji couldn't sleep and decided to take a walk outside. He then discovers a a weird twister just standing there outside hs home. The moment he went to tell his parents, the twister struck and blew him and his mother to a different part of China. The following morning, Yuji and his mother can't find Yuji's Father. Yuji then begins a journey to find his Father and uncover the misteries of China.
    The story is an action based one, as numerous battles using Martial-Arts and Chi Magic unfold.

Characters:

Yuji Koseken
    Chi Innate:Fire
    Personality:Hot headed, angry, calm, and passionate.

He is the main character of the story.
    Yuji is a boy who just wants to relax and enjoy life.
    Until recent events, he enbarks on an adventure that will affect him, the people he meets, and his family line for eons to come. He posesses a bright hot potential that if unlocked could help destroy the darkness plaguing his world, or help destroy it. Yuji's Martial Arts techniques are a mix of every fighting style known in his time. His lightning quick fists and his powerful legs can bash and and stomp out his foes.

Famiku Na-Ming
    Chi Innate:Wood
    Personality:Cheerful, scary

Famiku is a mysterious girl Yuji met on the begining of his journey. Not much is known about Famiku, nor how she and Yuji met on that day.
    Perhaps it was fate that brought them together?
    Famiku uses Bow and Arrow type weapons to pick off her enemies one, by one.

Aya Fuji
    Chi Innate:Water
    Personality:Tough, self-doubting, helpful.

Aya is and orphaned child raised by Sholin Monks to protect the famous Akenai Tree of
    Mt. Sarakugai. Aya uses Tonfas to smash in her enemies.

Katsuya Mairanai
    Chi Innate:Metal
    Personality:Brash, honorable

Katsuya is a Japanese swordsman tought by the great Master Qui. Katsuya's sister, Mishi, was kidnapped by demons. He now searches the China to look for her. Katsuya's sword skills makes him a well feared opponent.

Sara Kim
    Chi Innate:Earth
    Personality:Bright, angry, sad

Sara is the leader of the rebel group known as the Shi. Nothing else, neither what she does is known.

Shinzo Koseken
    Chi Innate:Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood.
    Personality:Playful

Shinzo is Yuji's Father. Shinzo Koseken came into China to expand his horizons and see the world.
    Little did Shinzo know, he walked into China during the middle of a war gone wrong.
    And he never even knew of his strange Chi Innate.
    One day, he took care of some demons that were about to destory the last of China's forces and helped China to victory. Shinzo tought Yuji his strange Martial Arts style.

Mari Koseken
    Chi Innate:Water
    Personality:Helpful

Mari is Yuji's Mother. She helped Shinzo during his darkest hours during the War.

Features:

-Cel-Shade graphics bring about a unique presentation!
    -A difficult adventure with lots of action!
    -Battle over 50 Types of demon spawn!
    -High action sequences using the Dai-Sho-Don system which needs reflexes to master!
    -Battle switches to various forms!
    -5 Elements of Chi Magic with spell mastering up to Level 5!
    -Each character has their own Special Techniques to learn!
    -Minigames ranging from Battle Arenas, to Fishing, to Drinking!
    -Based on the Story and Artwork of Kumo Shinagi!

Released: September 2006

Completion: 100% [Version 1 Final]

Light Warrior Wiki

Find the game at:
    Cloud Manga Inc
    The RPG Maker Pavilion
    The RPG Maker Magazine
    The Domain of Doan the Nado
    Last edited by AbstractOrigin; 10-01-2006, 09:06 PM.

Re: Cloud Manga Presents: Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter

I kind of like the overall Chinese theme, as it is not often done in RPGs that make it to America. The characters seem a bit cliche, fitting neatly into standardized archetypes of the firey warrior youth, the tough swordsman, and the mysterious love interest.

The mission system has me interested. RPGs normally don't have this.

Overall, you've got a solid project. If I had RPGM2, I'd play it.
    The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah, I agree the characters are a bit cliche, but this is my first project that I'm
      actually gonna finish.

I started on RPGM1, but quit when I found out 2 was coming out.

I'm doing my best to make this game the best it can be.

Thank you.

I'll post more info tomorrow.

Comment

Ooh, cheese. Keep going.

By the way, if you can sneak a pie or two in there, or even some spaghetti bolognese, I'm sold.

~Updates weekly on Sundays~

Comment

I can't wait to play your game. It sounds very interesting and it has a very interesting story line.

Comment

Re: Cloud Manga Presents: Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter (Game Information)

I noticed that the five chi elements are based on the chinese elements. You have successfully torn away from the earth-water-wind-fire rut that most games use. Now this is a good thing mind you. And the plot seems to be original. I hope to be able to play this game soon.

Oh, by the way, what software did you use?
            162, representing

Comment

I used RPG Maker 2 for this project.

And yes, you are correct about the elements. They're Chinese.

Comment

Dang, I really must get that software!
                162, representing

Comment

Updated first post with the Wiki for the game and Site Downloads.

Comment

Thank you so much! Your ad in the Pavilion magazine has just revived the fire to create my own game! I haven't worked on it lately, and didn't plan on doing so, but now I shall work on it again!

Thank you so much.... +
                    162, representing

Comment

Originally posted by The Toecutter View Post
                      I kind of like the overall Chinese theme, as it is not often done in RPGs that make it to America.
                      The only MILDLY similar RPG's that I've played were the Suikoden series (loosely themed, at best), and Onimusha Tactics...which is based on Japanese culture and folklore. There's the whole 'Dynasty Warriors/Rot3k' thing also...but very few pure RPG's.

I will definitely play this!

I don't enjoy using RM2 to make games (it was hard for me to conceptualise within the style of the graphics), but I enjoy playing games made with it. I have the utmost respect for anyone who can make a full game with RM2 (especially one with a lot of clever coding), or even a good, solid start on one!

Comment

Thanks. I just hope everything plays smoothly.

No one's really came here telling me if there's any bugs yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X