Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chi Legacy: Gaia Information Topic (Updated 8/30/2011)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Legacy: Gaia Information Topic (Updated 8/30/2011)

Presents

For RPG Maker XP

The year is 1620.

7 years has past since the events of Yuji's last adventure. During this time, Foreigners have appeared to the islands of China and all the Providences. So, a new renaissance has opened to the islands thanks to the sharing of two culture's different styles and customs. Steam powered inventions from the west met the discoveries of Chi in the east making new inventions. So starts a new age of peace and prosperity all thanks to Yuji and his friends foiling Kamui's Plans.

In the background, Yuji Ominae has spent the past several years investigating China and how far the effects of Dark Chi has spread through their world since Kamui nearly unleashed it many years ago. Even though Kamui was stopped, the balance of Chi has been shifted and Yuji has taken it upon himself to investigate further despite all of his friends' advisement. Yuji is seeing the islands of China start to shift and move.

Yuji's travels have brought him to the Anhui Providence. Inside lies the island of Bamboo, an Island that is currently on a collision course with it's neighbor, Chuzhou. Yuji's analysis of the world has drawn to ths one conclusion so far. Yuji believes that someone is harvesting the Dark Chi energy that has escaped and is using it to change the way their reality is formed. Yuji further believes that whoever is using it is shifting their world's geographical structure.

And thus begins Yuji's fight for truth and stability of their world.

This is a direct sequel to Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter.
    A few changes were made, but mostly everything is the same.

Protagonists:

Yuji Ominae
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 169lbs
    Chi: Fire

Yuji Ominae, son of the legendary hero/strategist Shinzo. Years ago he foiled the plot of Kamui and his followers to unleash Dark Chi from another dimension in to their world bringing new demons, mutations and perils to appease his masters. Who were Kamui's masters is still a mystery. Since those events, Yuji has been traveling China in order to study the life essence, Chi, and it's true effect on their world. Yuji used to be brash and often times reckless in his actions. The events have changed him to be more reserved but still is quick to anger when he sees injustice. Yuji's fire Chi is at this point is not yet mastered, but raw in power.

(Planned) Features:
    • Custom Graphics!
    • Day and Night System: Certain events take place at night, others during the day.
    • Style System: No more weapon shops! Utilize the many Styles of the Martial Arts to help you defeat your foes!
    • XAS Battle System Created by MogHunter
    • Dungeons and Areas featuring traps and puzzles: Watch your step!
    • Challenging enemies: They aren't all just fodder!
    • Featuring An Original Soundtrack composed by Kumo Shinagi

Est. Release: TBA

F.A.Q

Q:What has been changed?
    A:Yuji's last name, series title, and Famiku's name. Her name is Fami Na Ming.

Q:A direct Sequel? Buh? EXPLAIN.
    A:Yes, this is the direct sequel to Light Warrior: Yuji the Fighter. Though now, you'd call it Chi Legacy: Yuji the Fighter.

Q:Why the changes?
    A:I thought Yuji's Surname didn't fit, Famiku sounded like too much and "Light Warrior" is too much to say, and it's a little cliche to boot.

Notes:
    There will be an update topic posted soon.
    Images, story and features are subject to change.
    Last edited by AbstractOrigin; 08-31-2011, 12:57 AM.

Re: Chi Legacy: Gaia

If I had XP I would definitely give this game a try!

Comment

Actually, the beauty of the XP is you don't need to own it to play the games.
      PSN: KingJamos

Add me... I'll wait.

Comment

What is the battle system going to be like if not turn based?
        "Dans le veritable amour c'est l'ame, qui enveloppe le corps"

Comment

I find the HUD to be distracting.
          Ryner's Games

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!

Comment

I find your FACE to be distracting, although I am not going to say WHY only that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryner View Post
              I find the HUD to be distracting.
              Well, it is beta right now, so it might change in the future.
              I could always use some help from any artists is any are interested.

Originally posted by lil_das
              What is the battle system going to be like if not turn based?
              You either didn't read the features, or you're just plain dumb.

Comment

It looks nice so far, but there is one little thing bugging me. The main character kind of stands out graphicly. He seems a bit less detailed. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.
                PSN: KingJamos

Add me... I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamos View Post
                  It looks nice so far, but there is one little thing bugging me. The main character kind of stands out graphicly. He seems a bit less detailed. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.
                  Well, as stated, everything is beta.
                  Which means I'm working and tweaking things.

I'm not too good at pixel art, but I'm slowly learning as I go.
                  His graphic now is my best work ever, so yeah. I'm still working on it.

If anything, it's mainly the color of his clothing contrasted with XP's sprites.
                  His colors are louder. And his hair color, platinum blond, doesn't help to make
                  things easier. Detailing on that specific part has been immensly difficult on
                  my end.

Comment

Sorry for the neglect everyone.

Enjoy some tracks I composed for the game as a present!

Comment

New screenshot. I took Ryner's advice and streamlined the HUD.

So far I've just been doing database/script/graphics work. Not really
                      working on the game itself yet.

Comment

Don't know if people are still following my game here, but I'm still working on it!

Just been hard with work and job hunting.

Anyway, got some updates to share, but they'll come later in the week.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Well, have some bad news. My HDD got stupid and corrupted my data files.

So, I'm starting from a REALLY old back up. Unless I find the time to get
                          everything back, I wouldn't expect a demo by the end of this year.

Sorry to the folks that still kinda keep up with this project.

Comment

UGH...

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. You're badass for not letting it stop you though. Right on.

You might actually even find that the game is even better (not to mention easier to make) the second time. Just look at the first time as a practice run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωbright View Post
                              UGH...

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. You're badass for not letting it stop you though. Right on.

You might actually even find that the game is even better (not to mention easier to make) the second time. Just look at the first time as a practice run.
                              Yeah, fortunately the only thing that corrupted was the data files for some odd
                              reason. All my music and graphics made are still intact. Just gotta re-make
                              the maps and events.

Comment

Working...
                              X