Mini Game Contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Game Contest!

I dont know if this has been done already, but just hear me out.

Going along with the idea of smaller contest like the Field of Dreams contest, I think there should be a "Create the best Mini Game" contest for all of the RPG Makers.

What do you think?

TBS is coming shortly... I finally got off my lazy self and contacted Datel, so new Max Drive software is coming thus allowing me to release my TBS.

Re: Mini Game Contest!

I like the idea.

We can give it a shot this summer. I dont think it'd take very long, so it wouldnt distract people from their "shameless rip-off" contest games.

Comment

Sounds good to me.
      Screenshot Let's Plays

Comment

I like this idea as well.

I already have an unreleased game whose minigame I can use for the contest.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
          Final Fantasy 7
          If you can read this you dont need glasses

Comment

i already have a mini game ready for this contest.

Thank you Ωbright for the sig fix!
            Card Three is released! You can find it here!

Comment

May not be a bad idea to do now. For the school-age sorts like me, this is a small comittment that gets RPGM3 back in the PS2 - and if you throw in an advert for the Shameless Rip-off contest in the results, you might get some more recruits. Also, for people who don't know file transfering - better to get the headaches out now.

Comment

I'm not sure if the interest level in this is still there, but if it is, and enough people participate, and we decide to break it down into judging the three makers seperately, I'd be willing to be a judge for RPGM3 instead of submitting my own entry.

Comment

I'm not sure if my 1v1 Arena counts as a "minigame", but if it does you can make a party in New Game +, start them on the world map next to the town at Y 206 in the far left. (You need to enter from world the warp sets flags and variables.)

After fighting 22 1 on 1 matches the champ will appear, and he is tricky and challenging no matter what your level is.

Theres also a chest behind the opponents gate, but you have to be very fast to get in there before the gate closes.
                  "Reality is merely an Illusion, albeit a persistent one." -Albert Einstein.

Comment

I know Obi, Wave and JPS (?) did kinda their own mini-contest a while back with the field map thing. How viable is it to do something similar for this minigame thing? As I said, I'd be more than willing to judge RPGM3 entries. Plus, I would also be willing to contribute prizes. PM me, Valk, for more info. I don't wanna give it away here.

Comment

Originally posted by Perversion View Post
                      I know Obi, Wave and JPS (?) did kinda their own mini-contest a while back with the field map thing. How viable is it to do something similar for this minigame thing? As I said, I'd be more than willing to judge RPGM3 entries. Plus, I would also be willing to contribute prizes. PM me, Valk, for more info. I don't wanna give it away here.
                      I personally could see a similar format to the "Field of Dreams" contest being used for a mini-game contest, no problem at all.

The most important ingredient, of course, is commitment from both the judges' side and the entrants' (community) side, but I really think that there would be a LOT of interest for a mini-game contest!

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo

Comment

I agree. I think the community is more likely to get behind a smaller contest then a full scale 5 month thing. A lot of people are already working on games so their not going to drop that to start up another full time project.

A mini-game contest, like the field of dreams contest isn't such a time comitment. Plus you get the results in a couple weeks. I fully support this idea. Especially since it's a mini-game one. There are so many creative people here it could produce some really cool things.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm not sure how this would be done, though. I know the Field of Dreams contest focused on RPGM3, as creating fields is (arguably) the only way to display any artistic talent using RPGM3. I also (of course) take the stance that making a creative minigame using the rudimentary tools RPGM3 allows is worthy of a contest of its own.

RPGM1 and RPGM2 have a better toolset to accomplish this, and not being familiar enough with either program myself to accurately judge the quality of the minigames created, taking into account the restrictions one needs to work around to create something worthwhile, I suggest limiting this to RPGM3.

And with the recent influx of newbies, most of whom use RPGM3, it would make the most sense.

But it's not up to me. It's up to the advisors, and (I suppose) the community at large.

Comment

I think that make a lot of sense. The limiting tools in 3 is all part of the challange. I think it would help showcase both the skill of the creator and the possibilities of RPGM3. A lot of people have trouble seeing outside the box with it. They only see the lack of custimization, not the fact that you can get around a lot of stuff. A contest promoting creative new ways to push the limit of 3 is a great way to get people back into it. Plus it will be really fun.

Comment

Yeah....and I won't be creating anything for it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X