No announcement yet.

Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m suffering through Pathologic 2 on the PS4 and have been experimenting with Hearthstone and LoL auto-battles.
    Ryner's Games

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!

Comment

• I just bought the new Ori game, and woo boy it's very good so far. The original is one of my all time favorite games. Loving how quickly I've unlocked most of the movement mechanics from the original game. Only a few hours in, so excited the see the new game play elements get filtered in. Combat is also a vast improvement.

Comment

• I should play one of them Ori games. Do they rely on eachother continuity wise, can I just hop into the latest one?

Originally posted by Fruple View Post
        I actually uninstalled the Disgaea 4 demo only a couple minutes in because it was too cringy.
        YEAH, I had that same thought. Not funny at all, really stupid. I play the first Disgaea for like 200 hours anyway, so I kind of feel like that series has nothing new to show me?
        Last edited by Kefka Jr.; 03-17-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• I bought Ori and the Blind Forest on Steam, and basically can't play it because my PS4 controller is mapped all weird by default, with no option to remap buttons. All the options people recommend online to emulate a 360 controller are not taking effect in-game, and I don't really know what to do about it. I'd rather not buy a new controller for just one game, and the PS4 controller has worked for most other games without issue. The way it mapped the buttons, it is completely non-playable after the first hour or so.

Generally I haven't been having any issues with playing games on PC. After a few minutes of optimization for each game, especially the high-intensity ones for graphics, usually everything is fine. Ori is just sweating me, though.

Edit: This is also my confession that I've somewhat changed my tune on Metroidvanias. There some good ones out there. =3
          Last edited by Big Rick Cook; 03-17-2020, 05:07 PM.
          "Mindless killing doesn't do a lot for me anymore." - Sampson

Comment

• I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIII, Ragnarok Tactics, Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage, Sengoku BASARA 4, and Tales of Xillia recently.
            This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by Kefka Jr. View Post
              I should play one of them Ori games. Do they rely on eachother continuity wise, can I just hop into the latest one?

YEAH, I had that same thought. Not funny at all, really stupid. I play the first Disgaea for like 200 hours anyway, so I kind of feel like that series has nothing new to show me?
              It makes me really sad that there are rpgs like this, with super dumb and cringey dialogue. I tried to play Disgaea for a few hours and while I liked the gameplay the story and characters were just so dumb.

I've been playing Star Ocean: Second Evolution and it's my first time playing a SO game. It's been pretty swell so far. Currently stuck on a boss in disk 2. I can't remember which one, one of the trial bosses that sits there for about a minute then wipes out 3/4 of the team with one laser attack.

Edit: Also Rivals of Aether is fun, even if I suck at it.
              Last edited by 1ce; 03-18-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I really liked the silly quirky nature of Disgaea, not to mention the gameplay. Disgaea 2 was a bit more serious, for the most part, and I loved the improvements to combat. The series is hardly for everyone, obviously. It is very niche.
                PSN: KingJamos

Add me... I'll wait.

Comment

• After spending the past few months only streaming games, I decided today to instead play a game just for myself, and boot up Yoshi's Island. Still a great game. Of course I'm gonna 100% it for the umpteenth time.
                  "What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

Comment

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Had it sitting in my library for a while, and what better time to play it than during quarantine?

Comment

• Just started Fallout 76 with impeccable timing. Wish it was strictly single player like most recent iterations.

Comment

• Tube and I started playing Monster Hunter World last night. first time for me, he's got like 300+ hours

It was humbling to be like "yeah, I accidentally fought and killed a Great Jagras. it took 20 minutes of chasing him around the landscape" to then follow that up with him joining me in a second Great Jagras hunt and the fight was over in about 20 seconds.

I almost always opt for quick, small mobile weapons, or ranged weapons, in games like this, but I decided it was gonna be Hammer Time to start with. Leaping off a ledge with a charged up hammer strike, at some big beastie, is pretty freakin' satisfying, I will have to say.
                        "Mindless killing doesn't do a lot for me anymore." - Sampson

Comment

Working...
                        X