Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Let's have another one of these threads because I like hearing about Pav's escapades through their vidya.

Currently playing Silent Hill 2 because I never got passed the apartments when it first came out. It's aged surprisingly well but UGH why are these people so stupid and melodramatic?

"hey james i have a hangover so i'm going to lay down on this moldy bed inside of this dangerous hospital inhabited by killer nurses and plastic legs"
    "it's... it's okay.... the homicidal nurses.... they.... they.... ... .... they can't open doors................. yep..."

Currently liking SH3 the best but everyone raves about SH2's plot twist so I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by marcus; 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM.

Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Currently playing Pokemon Platinum and Dark Cloud 2.

Really liking Platinum's improvements and Dark Cloud 2's georama system (As opposed to the original's).

Oh, and I'm kinda playing Mario Kart since I got that recently as well.

Don't copy that floppy!

Comment

Resident Evil 5.

also wondering if I should be stupid and give bethesda 10 dollars for the new Fallout 3 DLC out tuesday. Operation Anchorage was without a doubt the worst gaming experience I've had this generation, and even if I start buying every single shovelware Wii game, including ninjabread man and anubis II, will likely stay the worst gaming experience I'll have this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
        Resident Evil 5.

also wondering if I should be stupid and give bethesda 10 dollars for the new Fallout 3 DLC out tuesday. Operation Anchorage was without a doubt the worst gaming experience I've had this generation, and even if I start buying every single shovelware Wii game, including ninjabread man and anubis II, will likely stay the worst gaming experience I'll have this generation.
        New DLC? What is it? Too lazy to look up.

I learned after Morrowind that the best material comes from people who aren't Bethesda. I was actually surprised they released Fallout 3 toolkit because I would actually pay for some of the mods fans release.

Dark Cloud 2.
        OH I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH. This is how you do a sequel.

Of course Dark Cloud was so terrible that any improvement is a good improvement. Also, more cel-shaded games plz.

Comment

Playing RE5 a bunch still. Getting all the characters in Mercenaries and getting ready to do some Professional-level co-op when I get my internet hooked up this week.

Also finishing up Persona 4. I really loved this game. I'm at the end boss and doing some grinding. I only have around 50% of the personas fused, but I don't know how much I really feel like going after the rest at this point. I never use most of them.

When I'm done with these two, I'll probably want to start playing Valkyria and MGS4 on my new PS3. I'm also planning on sticking the entire Pavilion stash of RM1 games on the hard drive and playing/re-playing all the good ones.

Comment

Currently playing with the controller to me boyfriend's PS3. Lusting after LittleBigPlanet which we are waiting to get a better TV to be able to play. Hopefully soon will be playing old eBoots of old PS1 games on a possibly purchased PSP.

Sony is getting interesting to me again.

Comment

New DLC? What is it? Too lazy to look up.
              The Pitt. big slaver type thing. supposed to be more role-playing than action. but with bethesda's definition of "role play", that probably just means more terribly un-immersive, badly-acted, badly written branching dialogue that has no lasting impact on anything and the results of which will be forgotten the second you talk to that NPC again and then you shoot them and everyone in the entire world turns against you for doing so even if they didnt like the person you shot or didnt even know they existed.

(P.S. I hate Bethesda)
              Last edited by Valkysas; 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Of course Dark Cloud was so terrible that any improvement is a good improvement.

Comment

Why is that? Bugs and Glitches? It's probably the reason you kind-of need to get the PC version.

On Topic:

Vampire: The Masqurade

New companion mod is really awsome. I can make Yukie or Heather into a vampire

Comment

no bugs or glitches. it was just badly designed, boring, and uninteresting, and went on for about two hours after I decided "I want this to end, why did I pay for this". but I made the mistake of saving after I got in the simulation, and I hadnt beaten the game yet, so unless I wanted to throw that character away and start all over, I HAD to finish it. I have never, EVER hated a game more than I did while playing that stupid add-on.

as for the PC version, I got the 360 version because as I have said over and over again, I'm not a PC gamer, I don't like playing games on my PC. I tried it, I didnt like it. I'll do it if I'm not around my consoles or I have a power outage, but that's it.

and I'm not giving bethesda any more of my money for another copy of this rather boring and uninteresting game with almost zero replay value.
                    Last edited by Valkysas; 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Resident Evil 5 and Rune Factory Frontier.

Today I finally got every action figure, got an S on every level, and unlocked every character and level on Mercenaries.

Waiting for my buddy to get his 360 fixed so I have a buddy to play with on professional, then I'm on my way to a first 100% completed achievements.

In the mean time I'm just trying to top my best scores and farm some gold to upgrade weapons.

At this very moment though I am playing Rune Factory and loving it. Trying to figure out how to unlock the second dungeon, and find a monster that can water my plants. Some of the scenes are a little embarrasing to watch, but I love the art style, so it's kind of forgiveable. Easily the best installment since HM64.

Comment

Streets of Rage, Penny Arcade, Warhawk
                        Screenshot Let's Plays

Comment

Currently RE5 and Smackdown vs. Raw 2009. Mainly RE5 because that Smackdown ****ing freezes all the ****ing time causing all of the stat increases I made during my last match pointless. Yay! My guy is stronger now to save. Alright it isn't getting past the checking data message. GODDAMMIT IT DID IT AGAIN!

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                          It's aged surprisingly well but UGH why are these people so stupid and melodramatic?

"hey james i have a hangover so i'm going to lay down on this moldy bed inside of this dangerous hospital inhabited by killer nurses and plastic legs"
                          "it's... it's okay.... the homicidal nurses.... they.... they.... ... .... they can't open doors................. yep..."
                          I love ya buddy, but you overthink things way too much. Just go with the flow.
                          PSN: KingJamos

Add me... I'll wait.

Comment

I'm game hopping, trying to clear out some of my backlog. Currently workin' on RE: CVX. Popping in Metal Slug anthology from time to time thanks to a recent Podcast and the revelation that "Hey, I've never played a Metal Slug game before maybe I should check it out!" Not really sure how I like the series at this point, because I'm dying a hell of a lot and I really don't like the lack of being able to lock your gun/foot stance like in the new contra games.

After that I really should get back to finishing Persona 3: FES, I'm in the final stretch and was kind of getting burned out of playing it so I put it aside for a while. Even then, though, I'll still have The Answer to complete. :s

Comment

as for the PC version, I got the 360 version because as I have said over and over again, I'm not a PC gamer, I don't like playing games on my PC. I tried it, I didnt like it. I'll do it if I'm not around my consoles or I have a power outage, but that's it.
                              I thought you still had the over-buggy PS3 version

Comment

Working...
                              X