CORONAVIRUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORONAVIRUS

Figured we should have a discussion about the incoming apocalypse. What's the scene like by all of y'all?
    [cen

Just got our first case here in Manitoba.

I'm anxious, but I'm anxious about everything.

Comment

V surreal. It feels like we're in a bad airport novel.

Comment

I’m kind of “meh” on everything myself, but worry about the elderly and people with weaker immune systems. Also wondering how insane it’s going to be when I have to buy more toilet paper.

why are people hoarding toilet paper

Comment

Because stanky buttholes are worse than people dying.

We've got a couple confirmed here in Oklahoma. They haven't begun canceling events yet, besides the NBA lolwhat. I'm not worried for the general population, but I know a good number of disabled and immuno-suppressed or immuno-compromised folks who are at a very high risk of serious sickness or death, and they're of course the ones who are most often screwed over when pandemic panic sets in, as they can no longer cheaply or reliably obtain the materials they need just to get by on a daily basis, like sanitary wipes, hand sanitizer, masks, etc.

And then all the small businesses and convention-goers who cannot afford to lose out on big events or stable day-to-day business during self-isolating incidents.
          "Mindless killing doesn't do a lot for me anymore." - Sampson

Comment

All in-person classes in my college are being moved to online for the rest of the semester. So I'm basically gonna be working from home for 3 months. I'd say it's an overreaction, but then again, college students aren't really known for their exceptional hygiene skills.

I'm concerned for my grandparents and any other old folk in my family, but all in all I'm not worried. I get the common cold every other week, so a slightly worse one will be annoying at most.

Comment

Massachusetts is in a state of emergency. Which I think is more like permission for individual businesses to take precautions. Actor friends of mine have had most of their shows cancelled.

We got back from the Market Basket a while ago. It was pretty swamped, but we got everything we needed. They didn't have whole milk and regular Honey Nut Cheerios, so we got lowfat milk and Honey Nut Cheerio Bunches, or something.

Was asked to not come into the office. That's easy for me – I can keep working, and thus continue to get paid. I have no idea how people are gonna manage if their work isn't digital. Some of my friends who are tour guides just... ain't working. The ones that are have few people to give tours to.

I'll be fine, but this seems like it really sucks!
              Last edited by Kefka Jr.; 03-12-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Just got news today that Disneyland near where I live is being closed down due to Coronavirus precautions. Me and my girlfriend were supposed to go this month for her birthday.
                Last edited by Leonomai; 03-12-2020, 07:23 PM.
                www.youtube.com/leonomai

Comment

Yeah, I was joking around at first until I did a bunch of research, and it's pretty severe.

The way the virus works, the first 4 days will feel like a cold, and it'll start to get better, but then it'll get really bad with pneumonia and lung issues
                  XBox Live: Alzar2k
                  Playstation Network: Alzar2k

Comment

No confirmed cases here in WA yet. I'm currently working in a hardware store, and we're constantly out of face masks. Kind of funny since they offer little protection from getting the virus.

I personally am not worried, my immune system is pretty strong, but I worry over those that are more at risk.

Comment

I can't think of anything that has happened in our lives that is quite like the coronavirus pandemic. The major events being cancelled, the places being closed, and the disruptions in travel are unprecedented. Plus the way it's affecting our individual lives. My wife teaches as Michigan State and classes will be taught online via video conference until at least April 20. I can't imagine what it will be like if we're quarantined.
                      Lil' Bean is here!

Comment

I would say pretty much everyone should expect to be quarantined in their homes for at least 2-3 weeks starting very soon.
                        [cen

Comment

My province is already in a month lockdown and people here are panic buying. I'm just staying in my house since i'm introverted, stay safe everyone
                          "There's something buried in the words."

-Give me a sign

Comment

I am throwing y’all’s dipstick of a former administrator a bachelor party next weekend for his April wedding. Now I wonder if we will have to either move the date, try to find a less social activity or just scrap the whole thing.
                            "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Comment

I'm working on a plague doctor mask for the occasion. It's going to be black and extra creepy. Happy plague year everyone!
                              The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X