PDA

View Full Version : Torayu Jam Session #1

hitogoroshi
07-16-2006, 11:49 PM
So yeah, did a lot of work on Torayu today. Thought I make a topic and post as I go. Now then, the stuff that exists:

Conversation System: Got the idea from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Basically, you get 1-2 "subjects" to talk about, and as you talk about them, you go to decision branches within the branches that don't have the subjects you just mentioned.

Day/Night: Day and Night play a huge role, and you can "wait" in a tree for morning, noon, evening, and night. (If you want to use this, it's 6:00, 12:00, 18:00, and 23:50.)

"Master Key": A way to make towns look bigger then they are. Make slums or whatever labeled "so and so's house" and have them locked, requiring the Master Key. The character never gets the master key, thus, towns seem to have many more residents then they actually do.

So yeah. Still working. More later.

hitogoroshi
07-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Still working on the first town...of course, as Torayu has no battles, a town in a big thing. In fact, the demo I plan on releasing for the RPGMM awards will only have this one town...it's mostly to show off Torayu's sweet mechanics. I'll get the first major heist (which involves a mansion, two locked chests, and booze) started tomorrow.

hitogoroshi
07-21-2006, 04:02 AM
I've got a dating system that will be mentioned in the demo, but not applied (don't worry Peversion, this isn't ripped from Seires 3...you get the girls key then take their stuff.)