PDA

View Full Version : Monsterseed II

hitogoroshi
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM
This isn't so much a commitment as a "I'm turning on RPGM3 for the first time in six months now that school is out" thread. I do want to make a contest entry...so consider this a "if I'll make it, here's how it'll be."

I was going to do Eternal Eyes, but after looking through my monster creation code (not in-game, but it is planned out) it fits Monsterseed a lot better. That's because the Monsterseed hatching system has three pivotal mechanics that - surprise - can actually be implemented damn near perfectly in RPGM3.

Each "seed" creates a monster at temperatures 1-9. The monsters can be redundant, both within a seed and between seeds - so the 100 character limit is a-okay.
There is further customization with the "solutions" you use to increase the monsters stats - which can be done perfectly with the stat-up command.
In Monsterseed, after ~10 battles or so, a monster will perform it's "ultimate magic", which is powerful but fatal to the monster. This limit makes grinding less feasible, and instead promotes useful play with each monster.

More in a bit, lemme play around with RPGM3 some and get back to you.

hitogoroshi
06-16-2008, 09:15 PM
I know, double post in just a few minutes after, but I want these seperate. :B

There are 9 "animal" classes that can be in your party (and, thus, are viable for summoning.) With four palletes available for each one, that means that, if every seed had a unique monster at each degree, there would be four seeds.

However, in the legendary tradition of the "pire" from Monsterseed, I'm making wash-outs - that is, monsters that are frankly terrible and serve as chaff to make seed hatching more exciting. My plan with them is to make em a burden - something you have to grind out to get a slot/seed for a good monster. For these burden monsters, I'm selecting two puppies and two chickens. So, there are:

Four bad monsters (2 chickens, 2 puppies)
Two okay monsters (1 chicken, 1 puppy, you'll probably end up starting the game with one of these
Fourteen good monsters (2 palletes from each non-chicken or puppy monster)
Seven great monsters (1 pallete from each non-chicken or puppy monster)
Nine elite monsters (1 pallete for each type of monster)

However, you'll get a bad one about half the time (averaged, of course - bad seeds give you them about 2/3's of the time, and they only take one or two degrees on a good seed.)

So, here are the plans. Firstly, the three low quality seeds - you get one of all of these at the start of the game. With a bit of luck or information gathering, you'll start the game with at least an average monster, and perhaps even a good one, which'll put you a bit ahead of a curve. If you get ALL bad monsters, you'll either have to restart or be a hero.

Note that "monsters" in the puppy seeds are physical and can be Gorillas, Lizardmen, or Werewolves. Monsters in the chicken seeds are Birdmen, Magical Beasts, or Frogs. The seeds that are a multiple of three are the only way to obtain Treants - the best Monster of them all.

[Seed One: Low Quality]
5 bad puppies
3 avg. puppies
1 good monster

[Seed Two: Low Quality]
5 bad chickens
3 avg. chickens
1 good monster

[Seed Three: Low Quality]
2 bad chickens
2 bad puppies
2 avg. chickens
2 avg. puppies
1 good monster

Seed Three gives you a bit better of a shot at an average monster - but, you will not know whether to apply a solution to buff the physical based puppies or magical chickens.

And I'll show some of the higher-end ones...not all of em, though. :D

[Seed Four: Standard Quality]
3 bad puppies
2 avg. puppies
4 good monsters

[Seed Five: Standard Quality]
3 bad chickens
2 avg. chickens
4 good monsters

[Seed Six: Standard Quality]
1 bad puppy
1 bad chicken
2 avg. puppies
2 avg. chickens
2 good monsters
1 great monster

[Seed Seven: Good Quality]
1 bad puppy
2 avg puppies
5 good monsters
1 great monster

[Seed Eight: Good Quality]
1 bad chicken
2 avg chickens
5 good monsters
1 great monster

[Seed Nine: Good Quality]
1 bad puppy
1 bad chicken
1 avg. puppy
1 avg. chicken
4 good monsters
1 great monster

And yes, there's going to be at least one bad monster on every seed but the last. To make it so no seed is a one-hit wonder. ;)

Man, I'm getting pumped for this. Hopefully I have the resolve to bear through the tedium and finish~!